“very dissapointing experience”

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Located in Boston’s Back Bay, Atlantic Fish Company has been serving the freshest catch since 1978. All selections are exquisitely presented by a knowledgeable and efficient service staff in Atlantic Fish Company’s wood-lined dining room or on the outdoor patio. A few favorites include the mouth-watering Lobster & Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese Omelet at brunch with the full lunch menu available; crab and lobster rolls at lunch; and the New England Lobster Feast or San Francisco Cioppino at dinner. Repeat guests enjoy experimenting with specials and kids can order from their own special menu. The balanced wine list highlights more than 255 bottles of white and red varietals from all over the world, earning Atlantic Fish Company the 2017 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Atlantic Fish Company has also received a variety of additional high-ranking awards and accolades from notable outlets such as Boston Magazine, Serious Eats, Zagat, and Thrillist. Valet is available in front of our sister restaurant, Abe & Louie’s, two doors down at 793 Boylston Street. We validate after 5 p.m. Monday – Friday (you must enter the garage after 5 p.m.) and all day on Saturday and Sunday for the Prudential Center North Garage for $14. The fixed rate is only valid for four hours. If you surpass the four hour time frame, you will be required to pay full price. Please present your parking ticket to your server.
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I've travelled from the West coast to Boston in the hopes of experiencing a memorable Lobster Pot Pie, but alas tonight was not to be the night. The Lobster Pot Pie dish that arrived at our table, was a pasty mess. The dish contained a few tidbits of chewy lobster. The peas had the consistency of frozen peas, the potatoes were both undercooked and overcooked, depending on the one you had. There were more carrots in the dish than anything else. The sauce was tasteless and far too thick. In all fairness, perhaps this was simply an off night, or it may have simply been one bad item from the menu, but I cannot answer for sure since this was all we ordered, and I will not be returning to try it again.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,067)

Reviewed May 25, 2009

Yes, the food is pricey, but soooo worth it! My family and I stopped here for lunch, during our recent trip to Boston. I had pan seared chilean sea bass, with roasted potatoes and sauteed spinach. My husband started off with blue oysters, then had cioppino for his entree. My 19 month old son had a burger and fries. My sea bass was perfectly cooked and melted in my mouth. My husband said the oysters were extremely fresh and the cioppino was the best he'd ever tasted. For dessert, my son and I shared the signature chocolate cake, which was to die for. All in all, it was a meal well enjoyed.

Reviewed May 18, 2009

The wife and I were in Boston recently for a conference and I went to tripadvisor beforehand to do some research. As as result, we made reservations to Atlantic Fish Company ahead of time. Here was our experience:

We made reservations ahead of time for a Tuesday night at 7:30. We were seated immediately upon arrival. The hostess and waitress were very friendly. There is outdoor seating, but the wife and I prefer to sit inside unless the weather conditions are absolutely perfect. We were seated in a very comfortable booth.

The wife and I just decided to share several appetizers, 1 entree and a desert. Since we were in Boston, we started off with a bowl of New England clam chowder, which was just okay. We followed that by sharing a jumbo lump crab cake. The crab cake was good, but doesn't compare to crabcakes that you might get in Baltimore. We then had a half dozen raw oysters, which were very good. The waitress actually brought out a complimentary raw oyster for me to try before I decided to order them. We followed that by sharing the pan seared sea bass on a bed of spinach with lobster ravioli, which was also very good. The sauce that comes with the lobster ravioli is very good. The waitress brought out some extra sauce for us to dip our bread in, without asking. We followed with your basic apple pie a la mode. That too was very good. We asked the waitress to hold off on serving desert for approx 10 minutes so that we could create some room in our stomachs, which she did.

All in all, we enjoyed the service and the food. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

3  Thank 3Tesla
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We were disappointed with Atlantic Fish Company. After reading reviews on here, we thought we would treat ourselves whilst in Boston, but I don't think it was good value for money at all. The service was good and we had good oysters, but my main of lobster pot pie contained rubbery lobster which was completely overwhelmed by a very heavy creamy sauce. The fried catfish was better, but not exceptional. I guess we should have stuck to straight up seafood, but frankly our experience was generally disappointed and I'm not sure why they're so highly rated!

Reviewed April 12, 2009

Our family of four visited here in March. The food, service and location were wonderful. They had a large selection of draft beers...which is unusual for a higher-end place like this.

Been to Atlantic Fish Company? Share your experiences!