“Why the fuss?”

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 3,391 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Located in Boston’s Back Bay, Atlantic Fish Company has been serving the freshest catch since 1978. All selections are exquisitely presented by a knowledgeable and efficient service staff in Atlantic Fish Company’s wood-lined dining room or on the outdoor patio. A few favorites include the mouth-watering Lobster & Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese Omelet at brunch with the full lunch menu available; crab and lobster rolls at lunch; and the New England Lobster Feast or San Francisco Cioppino at dinner. Repeat guests enjoy experimenting with specials and kids can order from their own special menu. The balanced wine list highlights more than 255 bottles of white and red varietals from all over the world, earning Atlantic Fish Company the 2017 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Atlantic Fish Company has also received a variety of additional high-ranking awards and accolades from notable outlets such as Boston Magazine, Serious Eats, Zagat, and Thrillist. Valet is available in front of our sister restaurant, Abe & Louie’s, two doors down at 793 Boylston Street. We validate after 5 p.m. Monday – Friday (you must enter the garage after 5 p.m.) and all day on Saturday and Sunday for the Prudential Center North Garage for $14. The fixed rate is only valid for four hours. If you surpass the four hour time frame, you will be required to pay full price. Please present your parking ticket to your server.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

A nice space and good oysters. Nevertheless, we could not understand the hype. The tiny Caesar's salad was tasteless, the lobster rolls ordinary and the expensive wine by the glass only correct. The waiter seemed distracted, and seemed not to notice our departure. Will not be rushing back.

Atlantic F, Manager at Atlantic Fish Company, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review your dining experience with us ChrisH137, we appreciate all feedback and we hope that you will try us out again and try one of my personal favorite salads which is the Mixed Baby Greens salad, it is on of our most popular and I'm sure it will not disappoint. Next time your in the area please feel free to reach out to me and make a reservation so that we can make your next dining experience an enjoyable one.

Sergio M. Espinoza
-Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,109)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We came to Boston last week and had already researched restaurants to decide where we would have dinner. After reading the reviews, as well as in between the lines of several reviewers, we decided on Atlantic Fish Co. It was right down the street from our hotel which was even better. I really struggled with this menu as there were so many seafood selections I loved. We asked our server, Kristen, a ton of questions. After ordering drinks we started with grilled calamari. Outstanding! I love a restaurant that offers a choice of grilled and fried calamari. Sautéed lightly in EVOO, hot peppers, garlic and a light dusting of Parmesan. Loved it! My husband ordered the halibut and I ordered the scallops but requested a different accompaniment then the side choices. They have a cod fish served with a salad of lobster, peppers, cucumber, avocado, corn & greens in a roasted tomato vinaigrette. They accommodated my request and not only was it amazing, it was entree salad size! The flavor combination was great! We liked it so much we went back the next day for a light lunch. Daniel helped us and provided exemplary service as well. We had the calamari again then shared the Lobster Crab Louie, minus the thousand island. Fresh, clean and delicious. The quality of their fish really shined as they do not hide it by smothering oil and butter all over it. A definite Boston winner!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were a party of 6 and were seated on time at a table by the windows with nice views (it was a nice evening and it was open to the outside). The waiter was helpful, nonintrusive, and prompt and was attentive to all our needs. The server was a little clumsy and dripped one guest's sauces on the floor and on the table. As for the food, I had the Seafood Fra Diavolo as a friend recommended it to me. It had shrimp, scallops, and swordfish in a "spicy" sauce with linguini. However, the only flavor it had was the individual pieces of seafood. I tried hard to find flavor in the rest of the dish, but it lacked spice, seasoning, and everything else. I tried salting it to bring out some more flavor, but it didn't work. Others seemed to enjoy their meals and if I ever returned (only because someone else wants to go there), I'd get the Sea Bass or the North Atlantic Salmon. Personally, I'd rather explore other options for seafood or fish than this restaurant.

Hi Scottl282,

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us, I see that you didn't love your Seafood FraDiavlo and I sincerely wish we would have known while you were still in the restaurant so that we would have been able to switch it out for something more appealing to your taste like the Sea Bass or Salmon as you mentioned. We hope that you will try us out again and we look forward to seeing you again sometime soon. If you decide to come in please feel free to reach out to me, so that I can personally make reservation for you and ensure your meals is one you fall in love with!

Sergio M. Espinoza
-Manager

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Made lunch reservations for a Saturday at 12:30 and had to wait only a few minutes for our table. We were going to a Red Sox game that night, so we decided to make lunch our main meal for the day. The clam chowder was probably the best I've ever had -- had a creamy, velvety texture and the clams were generous. My wife had sole and I had salmon and both were excellent. Portions were just right. Unlike many recent visitors, we had no problem at all with service. To the contrary, Rey was very knowledgeable about all the menu items, he was attentive without being pushy, and he was very personable. He seemed to have an uncanny knack for knowing just when to show up at our table. We would not hesitate to recommend Atlantic Fish.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was absolutely fantastic! The New England clam chowder was phenomenal. Next time I'm in Boston I will definetly be eating here again! Make a reservation I was there on a Tuesday night and it was packed!

Been to Atlantic Fish Company? Share your experiences!