“Worth checking out”

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Located in Boston’s Back Bay, Atlantic Fish Company has been serving the freshest catch since 1978. All selections are exquisitely presented by a knowledgeable and efficient service staff in Atlantic Fish Company’s wood-lined dining room or on the outdoor patio. A few favorites include the mouth-watering Lobster & Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese Omelet at brunch with the full lunch menu available; crab and lobster rolls at lunch; and the New England Lobster Feast or San Francisco Cioppino at dinner. Repeat guests enjoy experimenting with specials and kids can order from their own special menu. The balanced wine list highlights more than 255 bottles of white and red varietals from all over the world, earning Atlantic Fish Company the 2017 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Atlantic Fish Company has also received a variety of additional high-ranking awards and accolades from notable outlets such as Boston Magazine, Serious Eats, Zagat, and Thrillist. Valet is available in front of our sister restaurant, Abe & Louie’s, two doors down at 793 Boylston Street. We validate after 5 p.m. Monday – Friday (you must enter the garage after 5 p.m.) and all day on Saturday and Sunday for the Prudential Center North Garage for $14. The fixed rate is only valid for four hours. If you surpass the four hour time frame, you will be required to pay full price. Please present your parking ticket to your server.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Walked in on a Friday night...no chance for a reservation, but we were offered a couple of nice seats at a very nice bar. I generally don't notice bar tops, but this one was really impressive. The place was crowded, but our server knocked the cover off the ball (He was from Romania). Extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. The guy never missed, perfectly attentive without being there too much. A lost art in dining.
Salads were very nicely put together, the fish was very fresh and very well prepared, and the Peppermint Pie was one of the better desserts I've ever had. I was even surprised that the price was very reasonable. I'd surely recommend and return.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,016)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Lively place but tables nicely spaced so you can hear your own conversation. Menu was diverse and everything was extremely fresh. (They only serve what is available-not frozen. Staff was especially accommodating and the meal was well paced. Definitely will return.

Atlantic F, Manager at Atlantic Fish Company, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and your recent visit to Atlantic Fish Co.! We look forward to having you again!

Katy Heintz
Manager, Atlantic Fish Co.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The atmosphere is terrific, furnishings traditional and inviting; the staff from the floor managers to the waiters could not be more pleasant. Every item on the menu is appealing; the food itself is a solid B +, not more, but all the rest is AA, with a high price to match.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Didn't have an opportunity to enjoy the entire menu..just had entrees...tuna good, not great...lobster fra diablo (taken out of the shell, thank you), very tasty and not too crazy spicy...well-prepared linguini bed al dente...good service...smiling cheerful waiter...we walked in rather late (almost 9) and had no trouble getting a table, but our walk-in try the night before at 7 was met with an hour wait...we went to Abe & Louie's instead...liked the atmosphere here better...more lively, not as sedate as steak place, but also just more cheerful...a good dinner choice.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

On a business trip to Boston and had been really looking forward to trying this restaurant - it did not let me down! First of all, if you're going on a weekend night, you need a reservation. It was packed, even though it's a large place, but we got a nice roomy booth. We had some perfectly seasoned and textured tuna tartare and the fried oysters -- oh my GOD, the fried oysters. They just don't make food like that in the UK. Then we both had the Maine lobster to follow, which was easily the best lobster I've ever had in my entire life, fresh and delicious. I also have to comment on the service as it was well above average; in fact, I wish I could remember our waiter's name because he was so personable and attentive and it really added to the entire delightful experience. I can't recall what the bill came to in the end, but it wasn't cheap. Totally worth every penny, though. I'll be back anytime I'm in Boston.

Atlantic F, Manager at Atlantic Fish Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words and your visit to Atlantic Fish Co. on your recent trip from London! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We'll look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Katy Heintz
Manager, Atlantic Fish Co.