“a classic in Boston”

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.
Connecticut
“a classic in Boston”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The atmosphere is terrific, furnishings traditional and inviting; the staff from the floor managers to the waiters could not be more pleasant. Every item on the menu is appealing; the food itself is a solid B +, not more, but all the rest is AA, with a high price to match.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Choice”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Didn't have an opportunity to enjoy the entire menu..just had entrees...tuna good, not great...lobster fra diablo (taken out of the shell, thank you), very tasty and not too crazy spicy...well-prepared linguini bed al dente...good service...smiling cheerful waiter...we walked in rather late (almost 9) and had no trouble getting a table, but our walk-in try the night before at 7 was met with an hour wait...we went to Abe & Louie's instead...liked the atmosphere here better...more lively, not as sedate as steak place, but also just more cheerful...a good dinner choice.

London, UK
“Lives up to its reputation”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

On a business trip to Boston and had been really looking forward to trying this restaurant - it did not let me down! First of all, if you're going on a weekend night, you need a reservation. It was packed, even though it's a large place, but we got a nice roomy booth. We had some perfectly seasoned and textured tuna tartare and the fried oysters -- oh my GOD, the fried oysters. They just don't make food like that in the UK. Then we both had the Maine lobster to follow, which was easily the best lobster I've ever had in my entire life, fresh and delicious. I also have to comment on the service as it was well above average; in fact, I wish I could remember our waiter's name because he was so personable and attentive and it really added to the entire delightful experience. I can't recall what the bill came to in the end, but it wasn't cheap. Totally worth every penny, though. I'll be back anytime I'm in Boston.

• Visited January 2014
Atlantic F, Manager at Atlantic Fish Company, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words and your visit to Atlantic Fish Co. on your recent trip from London! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We'll look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Katy Heintz
Manager, Atlantic Fish Co.
White Plains, New York
“Fabulous seafood”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined at Atlantic Fish last night. The service was fantastic - from the warm welcome we received when we arrived, to the guy who dashed out into the snow and hailed us a cab without a moment's complaint. And the food... Well, I had the Lobster Thermidor and it was probably the best meal I've ever eaten. My husband was very pleased with his risotto.

All in all, we highly recommend a visit to Atlantic Fish and are considering going back tonight to try some of the other items on the menu!

Visited February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and your visit to Atlantic Fish Co. I am so happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your experience from the seafood to the service. I hope if you came back in last night that you had an equally great evening. Make sure to say Hi next time you are in!

Katy Heintz
Manager, Atlantic Fish Co.
Boston, Massachusetts
“great”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

great ambiance. nice bar and dining room is well done. great service. gracious host. good bartender and terrific and knowledgable waiter. didnt steer us wrong with any of our questions. and great food.