“Go Here for Seafood”

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.
Superior, Colorado
“Go Here for Seafood”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The best food we had all week in Boston was at this place. I ordered the Captain's Platter of shrimp, clams, haddock and scallops.My wife had a filet and claimed it was the best she's ever eaten.I know we were hungry from all the walking, but it was good! Our waiter, Dan, found out we were baseball fans, and I talked Rockies baseball all night. I enjoyed a Sam Adams Summer Ale. The bill came to approx $70 before tip. Worth doing!

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York
“A trip to Boston is not complete unless you have dined @ Atlantic Fish!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great restaurant in every respect. We had the 2 lb lobster with all the fixings and the shrimp and scallop risotto. Both were amazing.

The wine list is extensive with many glass and half bottle choices as well.

Our waitress was spot on. She recommended the shrimp and scallop risotto which was delcicious. All staff is professional and friendly.

Inside the restaurant bestows a nautical charm with wood paneling and glass. Very classy, upscale, and clean.

A visit to Boston is not complete until you have dined at the Atlantic Fish company.

• Visited July 2013
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Cioppino”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had a dinner with clients at Atlantic Fish Company on July 1st. I was excited to see that they have Cioppino on the menu - it's one of my favorite dishes to eat when I'm in San Francisco, and I rarely have it elsewhere because I'm afraid to be disappointed. But since Boston is both a seafood town, and also has great Italian food, I thought I'd give it a try. I was not disappointed - although a somewhat different style than San Fransciso, still delicious and very well prepared - the lobster was tender, the white fish firm.

Service was very good - attentive without being intrusive. Overall, a good experience and a recommended rewtaurant.

Visited July 2013
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Yogi might not go here any more”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is always a bittersweet experience to see a favorite restaurant do so well, it begins to undermine itself. As Yogi B noted about a favorite haunt: "No one goes there any more, it's too crowded."

The food remains very good to excellent. The staff does a fine job. But seeing corners cut here and there and dinner service rushed a bit as the crowd gathers up front, left me a reluctant supporter. There are too many seafood houses in town that fail to deliver the goods on the plate. AFC clearly still pays attention to what it sends out and you will not be disappointed with your meal. It just has lost that "fine dining" atmosphere, which probably won't bother you if you never visited AFC before.

Bottom line: still a great option. Just be ready for a noisy, slightly pressurized experienced.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank J W
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, Fantastic bartender”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

One of my favorite things to do on my day off is to find a nice restaurant, sit at the bar, and enjoy a great meal by myself.

I went into Atlantic Fish on a Sunday for solo brunch. Sitting at the bar, I was immediately greeted by the bartender (I wish I could remember his name, because he was fantastic). I ordered a drink and looked at the menu and he left me to mull my choices.

While he was off doing his other bartender duties, I had a quick conversation with a couple of lovely ladies also sitting at the bar. Apparently they were regulars (groupies) and spoke very highly of the service.

I'm going to call the bartender Chris. Chris came back and I placed my order - the lobster and filet benedict. I watched him as he worked - this is something I'm very aware of when I dine alone. He was very attentive of all his customers - many of them seemed to be regulars. My beverage was never empty - there was always a back up if it looked like I might take the final few sips. He was attentive, personable, and well liked by the customers.

My food came. It was very good. Brunch here is a great deal - prices that are remarkably less expensive than dinner, yet the portions are still generous and the ingredients are the same quality.

I hope I tipped Chris well enough - I thought I was generous at the time, though re-reading my review, I should probably tip him even better next time.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Atlantic Fish Company? Share your experiences!