“Ambient, good lobster, good service”

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Located in Boston’s Back Bay, Atlantic Fish Company has been serving the freshest catch since 1978. All selections are exquisitely presented by a knowledgeable and efficient service staff in Atlantic Fish Company’s wood-lined dining room or on the outdoor patio. A few favorites include the mouth-watering Lobster & Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese Omelet at brunch with the full lunch menu available; crab and lobster rolls at lunch; and the New England Lobster Feast or San Francisco Cioppino at dinner. Repeat guests enjoy experimenting with specials and kids can order from their own special menu. The balanced wine list highlights more than 255 bottles of white and red varietals from all over the world, earning Atlantic Fish Company the 2017 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Atlantic Fish Company has also received a variety of additional high-ranking awards and accolades from notable outlets such as Boston Magazine, Serious Eats, Zagat, and Thrillist. Valet is available in front of our sister restaurant, Abe & Louie’s, two doors down at 793 Boylston Street. We validate after 5 p.m. Monday – Friday (you must enter the garage after 5 p.m.) and all day on Saturday and Sunday for the Prudential Center North Garage for $14. The fixed rate is only valid for four hours. If you surpass the four hour time frame, you will be required to pay full price. Please present your parking ticket to your server.
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We went there just yesterday and it was packed with people, that's a sign of good food. We received timely service. Wine selection is good. We had a lobster appetizer, the lobster is very fresh. I also had a sesame seared tuna, I find it a bit tough, but the veggies were cooked to perfection. Raw oysters are very good, sweet and very fresh. Overall a very good restaurant, portion size great.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,043)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had a delicious dinner of pan-seared scallops and sides, but found the hostess and my waitress a bit brusque. I suggested to the hostess I'd be glad for the empty small booth I saw (and gestured toward), but somehow that led her to put me in the window instead, and my waitress seemed so rushed her remarks were almost always clipped/sharply to the point. I ended with a chocolate martini that tasted like Kahlua in a glass striped with Hershey's syrup, a bit of a disappointment given how nuanced some of the cocktails on the menu were described.

Nonetheless, the scallops were gorgeous....

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited the Atlantic Fish Co in January 2012 and January 2013. We had great experiences here! We were in town for the Patriots AFC championship game. My husband ordered the Maine lobster tail with corn on the cob and mashed potatoes. I am a vegetarian and ordered the Caesar salad. Both of our meals were delicious, the service was great! We came back the next day and sat at the bar so my husband could get a bread bowl of New England clam chowder. Very highly recommended!!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had not been here for about 10 years, the food is perfectly prepared, the selection broad enough to please everyone, excellent wine selection, wonderful service.
We had a large group, so it was a bit crowded and almost too loud, however we had a wonderful time and memorable food.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

In my opinion, a great restaurant always serves great bread! The basket contained 4-5 different varieties of bread and were all equally yummy - some sweet, and some savory. We started with some fresh oysters that were absolutely delicious. They came with some really interesting sauces! For our entrees, we ordered the catch of the day plate and a seafood cioppino. The tuna steak was ordered rare and pan seared. SO good. It came with 2 sides (we ordered asparagus and mashed potatoes - decent sides, nothing amazing). The seafood cioppino had a lot of seafood (lobster, scallops, shrimp, mussels, and clams) but what made this dish absolutely delicious was the broth. It was just a tad bit spicy and just the perfect savory, it may have also been just slightly sweet. It was incredibly hot (temperature) which is important for me and it was also a great helping of food! I could only finish half of it and took the rest home. This may very well be a dish that I crave for in the future and half to go back for! The atmosphere was much more casual that I thought and there were people of all types dining. I can definitely see us returning on random weekends for another delicious meal!

1  Thank Sarah J