“Very disappointed”

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,186 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is like a TGI friday's in my opinion. Its is very noisy and very crowded. I chose Lemon sole which is one of my favourite fish. It was unrecognisable, I dont think it was caught I think it gave itself up. It was so salty, the Broccoli was almost a whole crown and barely cooked and the rice I think was one whole packet on my plate. The presentation was dreadful a whole mountain of food looking up at me most unappealing. One mouthful on this abomination was enough. When the waiter asked how was the food, I told him it was dreadful and in my opinion just not palatable. They did however take the price of the bill but that was not the point of going there. We paid what we owed and left never to go back

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Breeze184480

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
UK
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal here while on holiday in Boston. Great lobster and crab Louie to start (huge portion) plus lovely sweet Nantucket scallops as a main. The scallops were a little underdone for my liking (personal taste only, i like them a little browned) but were whisked away and brought back perfectly done within 2 minutes. Great, professional, friendly service. Fabulous key lime pie for dessert. Highly recommended.
It is a very busy, bustling environment, but we felt this added to the experience rather than detracted from it. The meal was quite expensive, but worth every penny!

beirut
“So disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is overated. I started with the fried calamari, which was bitter and chewy. The worst I have had in boston. Than I ordered the sea bass which was pan fried is so much butter that I just couldn't eat except for 2 bites before having a big nausea. So that was my experience overall. Mediocre food, dark and noisy ambiance, nice but expeditive service. I do not recommend at all

1 Thank Kaleya80
Lynnfield
“Wonderful Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I went to Atlantic Fish over the Christmas weekend and had a wonderul dinner. We sat at a great table right by the window. Our food server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and her suggestions were great. We enjoyed our appertizers and entrees. The wine and drinks were great. We did not feel rushed to finish and throughly enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

Visited December 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
“Great lobster and filling meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

A colleague, her daughter, and I enjoyed lobster in various forms recently when we ate at Atlantic Fish on a recent business trip to Boston. First, though, we split the appetizer of scallops wrapped in bacon with a maple mustard sauce -- so tasty, especially the the dipping sauce, that the daughter rapidly gobbled up two without any hesitation and when I returned the next night with another colleague, I made sure to order that appetizer again.

Then the lobster feast began: we were in Boston, after all, and it was my first time there, and lobster is best fresh, right? I started with the lobster bisque, rich and thick with good-sized chunks of lobster, Meanwhile my colleague had the restaurant's excellent toasted goat cheese salad, large enough to share with the three of us, a well-dressed salad of mixed greens that we could cut off a piece of toasted goat cheese large and rich enough that she left some of the cheese on her plate to save room for the main course. Her daughter had ordered the lobster roll, which she pronounced as tasty and filling, which came along with fries. My colleague ordered the fresh lobster ravioli that included shiitake mushrooms in the filling and that sat in a yummy basil cream sauce. My choice was the 1 1/4-pound Maine lobster accompanied by corn on the cob and potatoes. I took the offer to have the lobster taken out of the shell for me, so the main claw meat had been removed but the meat kept intact so that it still had the form of the claws and legs. The presentation was artful, with the body and smaller appendages propped up so you knew it was a lobster, complete with eyes looking soulfully up, and providing the opportunity to suck out the sweet meat in those appendages. The lobster was steamed perfectly so that the meat wasn't tough as overcooking can do, and the melted butter in a small cup was the customary but right complement to the meat. The corn and small boiled potatoes were also cooked just right and made me feel the authenticity of a New England lobster feast. The entree was so filling and large that I ended up asking for a take-home box in which several large pieces of lobster and a potato along with a piece of the tasty bread went for my breakfast the next morning -- decadence! (They were refrigerated overnight in my hotel refrigerator.)

Any seafood lover will find something to eat here, and any foodie will be pleased by the flavors and preparation of the food. Our wait person was a young man doubtlessly a student, professional and helpful in letting us know the specials, the fact the lobster could be taken out of the shell for ease of eating, and attentive without being overbearing. The decor has the feel of an established place for business or for intimate dinners. The colleague I went with the next night found his chilled lobster salad excellent, too, when we went in the bar area as opposed to the dining area where I had eaten the night before. From the Shirley Temple for the daughter to the rum cocktail for me to the local beer for my colleague, the full bar provides libations for all. Atlantic Fish is an ideal restaurant for a relaxing and filling meal.

• Visited January 2013