“Crab Cakes were good”
Review of Avenue One

Avenue One
Reserve with OpenTable
Avenue One is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #585 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Washington
Transit: Red Line - Downtown Crossing Green Line - Park Street
Description: Avenue One serves contemporary, New England cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently situated in the heart of downtown, Avenue One is just steps from attractions, theaters, and night life. Avenue One is a great location for a hearty breakfast, power lunch, after work drinks and pre-theater meals. Executive Chef Kelly Armetta's dedication to local and sustainable cuisine has made Avenue One highly rated among locals and guests alike.
Needham
“Crab Cakes were good”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I went to take advantage of a TravelZoo coupon. Started with crab cakes which we both enjoyed. I had a roasted vegetable wrap while my husband had the salmon sandwich. Both sandwiches had good flavor. My side salad had many small pieces of iceberg lettuce in it. Found this disappointing because of the organic greens mentioned on the menu. We finished our meal with a lemon tart that we shared. It was just the right size for two people with good flavor . Our waiter was attentive and fast. Contemporary decor in black, white, grey and rose. A pleasant lunch in the city.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Off the beaten path”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Avenue One in the Hyatt offers a place to eat in comfort. The service is good and the food enjoyable. Breakfast is a nice sit down affair if you have the time. If not, there are casual food options also

Visited July 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Good food, lengthy wait and scattered service.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined here twice. Once for dinner and once for breakfast. At dinner, we waited at least 15 minutes for a server to get our drink orders. Service was extremely slow but our food was very good. I had the white bean tomato soup and the cod w/ the vegetable hash and the quinoa risotto, which was the best part of the meal. The bread was also very good - came out warm and with good butter:)

My husband had the steak sandwich and clam chowder. The chowder was good but it was so thick. It was like eating a bowl of sausage gravy.

Breakfast was not good. Our wait was over a half hour and our omelettes were tasteless and really greasy.

Toronto, Canada
“City of Great Food, Don't Waste Time Here”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Food was actually okay, however with a plethora of food at your fingertips I would go elsewhere, especially with their prices. Though the waiters were very nice, out of nine meals only one came out properly. The kids steak came out naked and very dry, same with the kids teriyaki plates. We had to order extra sauce for each, another kids plate was missing their side dish, I requested to change my fries to a salad-they brought both and said that they would only charge me for half the cost (what the?), we had changed an order through the advice of the waiter and yet he didn't cancel part of the original order so we got stuck with that as well.

Service took so long we ended up having to cancel our evening plans. For a restaurant in the Hyatt, you would expect much better service.

Melrose, Massachusetts
“Five Star Service & Food”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a small dinner party of 14 people at Avenue One last evening and were blown away again by the fantastic, fresh tasting food and vey courteous, attentive service. The private dining room was very cozy and well lit with ample room to spare! Our dinner choices were well prepared and very artfully presented by servers who left no details out at any time during our meal. The Hyatt Hotel is a very stylish and beautifully adorned place and Avenue One only adds to its modern allure. We will definitely return again and have recommended this wonderful restaurant already to a few close friends!

• Visited June 2013