“Great Place and nice service”

Cheers Fanueil Hall
Ranked #467 of 3,453 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 21, 2015

This wasn't my first time in Boston, however I never try this restaurant because I thought it was too expensive for a common american food. I had a nice surprise when I received my meal (hamburger + chips) and the price was just fear!

Good service, nice environment and delicious food is something we were expecting to have after a long day in the city.

The only thing this restaurant should improve is the customer service they bring in the gift shop: it is OK that representatives in this store are young people, however they have to be able to bring a better service to the tourists, anyhow this is their main razon to be there, isn't it?.

Reviewed May 15, 2015

This is not the original Cheers Bar. The Beacon Hill distinction is necessary because the owners have actually created a separate bar called Cheers Faneuil Hall (Faneuil Hall Marketplace) that acts as a complete replica of the filming set used for the Cheers show that ran from 1982 to 1993.
The replica bar stems from the fact that the original Cheers pub was only used for exterior shots on the TV show, not interior shots.
Grab a Boston beer like John Adams and talk to the friendly staff - they are full of great stories. PS: The food is pretty awesome too - after all we are in the USA.

Reviewed May 9, 2015 via mobile

We had the lobster roll special. It was light and tasty. Daughter had meatball sub and loved it. You pay for the "cheers" atmosphere but it was worth it after walking around all day vs. The market vendors whose lobster rolls were only $3 cheaper and no comfortable seating.

Reviewed May 6, 2015

We ate here on May 2. I had the burger meister and my husband had the chicken panini, both of which were really good. It was not very crowded when we went but that was around 2pm on a Saturday.

Reviewed May 5, 2015

We decided to eat here as it was near our hotel. You can purchase Cheers souvenirs (mug, t-shirt, etc). Was told that the bar has been decorated to replicate the one on TV. You can also eat out doors, which was a plus. The servers were outstanding. The food was just average. My husband had the fish and chips and I had the bun-less burger. Both were just OK. We shared the apple crisp with ice cream---there was 3 scoops of ice cream, which overshadowed the crisp. My husband did have the Sam Adams Boston Red Brick, so that was something. The location is great, the area has a lot going on.

Been to Cheers Fanueil Hall? Share your experiences!