“A fun birthday”
Review of Piccolo Nido

Piccolo Nido
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo Nido is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #674 of 3,306 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Awesome food. Excellent atmosphere. Great company. The best place to have your birthday. The staff comes out and sings to you special! It was a great night. One that I will remember forever.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

having dined several times in restaurants right on hanover, we thought we might venture off the beaten path and we so glad we did! this intimate dining room was quiet and relaxed, not rushed like some of the hanover spots. small staff, excellent service, and every entree cooked from scratch when you order--and it shows! we had antipasti for appetizer which was wonderful, mushroom ravioli, homemade spaghetti both were delicious! the chef is serious about what he does, peeked around the corner when we got our dishes just to be sure we were happy and to see our reaction:) as we were leaving a large group of italians came in to dine, i figure thats a pretty good stamp of approval if locals choose it!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stumbled across Piccolo Nido when, after picking up visitors at the airport, we were starving and looking for a restaurant in the North End without a wait at 6:30 on a Saturday evening. A little off the beaten path, there was no wait and we were promptly seated in the small, cozy, charming dining room. Once seated, it took some time to be approached by our server in a half empty restaurant and we started to get nervous. When our server finally greeted us, however, he was pleasant and efficient and our meal commenced without delay. Although the menu is not large, it is varied and the selections are not the pedestrian choices on many North End restaurant menus. Our guests enjoyed the antipasto and the house salad was also very nice. The bread was good but accompanied by ice cold pats of butter. The trout was light and delicious, the veal parmigiana excellent, and the Bolognese sauce perfect. The real hit of the evening, however, was the farfalle del cardinale, bowtie pasta with mushrooms and prosciutto in a light cream sauce. That will be my choice the next time I go back, and I will go back, as the experience was quieter and more relaxing than dining on Hanover Street.

1  Thank mamacooking
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a small very personal restaurant different from the rest of the North End in that it is more restful and peaceful, less of the contention you can get at some places. I highly recommend the Besaola to start. It's an air-cured carpaccio-like beef with arugula, wonderful aged parm, oil and lemon; so simple, so good! The house Chianti was so good, I was surprise it wasn't served out of a jelly jar. For dinner I had the house special veal chop. Never have I had a piece of meat so perfectly seasoned and cooked, served with simple grilled potatoes and asparagus. Our waiter, Fortunato, was well informed on our meals and wine and friendly, but not too. It was as if we were there alone, in a good way. The Owner, Pino, was there, so I introduced myself and told him what a lovely time we had. He was exceedingly gracious making us want to come back again soon.

1  Thank Jacarunda
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This cozy little North End Italian spot is just what we were looking for in an authentic restaurant, without being boring! I love calamari, but don't appreciate the added fat that deep frying adds. Hooray for Nido's grilled Calamari! It has a lovely grilled flavor yet is still nice and tender. We loved the Portobello mushroom dish too (again, grilled). All of their dishes were fresh and expertly prepared. Nido is a bit hard to pin down, given that it is in the true North End with all it's tiny streets and narrow alleys, but there is a parking lot and garage right around the corner. The room is small, but as I looked around it was lovely to see so many joyful customers that were obviously enjoying the atmosphere and the food. BTW the tiramisu was off the hook...!