“You have to go here”
Review of Union Oyster House

Union Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Two options: Take the Blue or Green Line to Government Center. Walk down the stairs along the side of City Hall and cross Congress Street. We are across the street. Note we are across from the New England Holocaust Memorial. Or, take the Orange or Green Line to Haymarket,left on Congress,left on Hanover,right on Union.
Minnesota
“You have to go here”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

You have to go here for at least a drink. Great atmosphere,historic and bartenders with a lot of personality. I did not eat here but had quite a few beers. I spent the whole evening here by myself while hubby was at Fenway Park, The bar manager (really big guy) treated me like gold and took good care of me til hubby made it back. I highly suggest this place they also have a raw oyster bar that was quite busy.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointing tourist trap”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is a mess. The server was very unfriendly, there was a long wait even though we had a reservation, and the food was sub-par. Not worth it at all.

Visited August 2013
Sutton, Massachusetts
“A Boston Tradition”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had lunch during our visit to Boston recently. The food and service were good. A little on the pricy side but considering it's location and tradition, not surprising.
A suggested improvement to enhance a visitor's experience:
Reception desk staff should ensure that customers are aware of the many dining areas within the restaurant ranging from raw bar to colonial style booths (very tight) to full service bar to dining room. We only found out by searching for rest rooms following our lunch.

Melbourne, Florida
“Great Chowder”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I went here with a friend for lunch. We were expecting a touristy kind of place but were pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. The staff was great, from the person working the door all the way thru to our server. The chowder was great, along with the scrod I had as an entree. My wife had a Caesar Salad with crab cakes. The crab cakes were very good also. I'd highly recommend going here

1 Thank shoeboxrick
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Good for oysters and crabs”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Good for oysters and crabs. This is the third time. Perhaps overrated. Busy and lively. You have to know exactly what to order. Beer is good.