“A Pleasant Surprise”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Don't be put off by the lack of atmosphere, the food is really, really good. We enjoyed the vegetarian plate and walked away happy and satisfied. It was a spur of the moment choice for us and we left full and pleased with the meal.

• Visited September 2013

Key Biscayne, Florida
“Delicious Turkish Fare”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Literally, we plan our visits to Boston around a lunch consumed at Sultan's Kitchen. Having spent a significant amount of time in Turkey, I can attest to the authentic ingredients, flavors, and overall quality. My husband and I share one Mezza veggie platter, that is absolutely delicious, and one chicken kebob plate with rice and salad. The desserts are also freshly made and authentic. For just $20, including two bottled waters, we leave nourished, full, and ready make the trek to Fenway.

Visited September 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good hole in the wall”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Friendly prompt service in a tiny restaurant. It lacks in atmosphere but seems authentic (I've never been to the Middle East so I can't say for sure). Fresh made, tasty. About what I expected, which was an easy fast healthy dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Berkeley, California
“Eat Like a Sultan! Corporate Account Taste on a Personal Budget”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I haven't been to Turkey so I can't attest to how authentic the food is, but what I got was pretty darn good!!

FRESH & TASTY. This is not your average restaurant. Yes, it's small and more of a lunch, eatery place, but the food is AMAZING. Definitely worth your trip to come and try what they have to offer.

They have a nicely calligraphied board listing all the food and price, plus pictures along the kitchen area in case one needs help figuring out the dishes. Whichever you pick, you can't go wrong. It's wonderfully delicious! Such authentic taste and menu are not not easily found in Boston Metro Area.

I tried the Shashlik Kebab plate - lean sirloin sliced and marinated in Turkish spices and olive oil, topped with caramelized onions and mushroom. The plate comes with rice, mixed greens, feta cheese and Sultan's salata. All for only $11.75! The combination was devine! And the portion was quite generous. They just pack the box so densely that I had enough for both lunch and dinner.

For those who are visiting Boston and staying near the Wharf, instead of the institutionalized chained offering in/near Quincy Market, you should head over and try something amazing.

I was tempted to get the cook book so I can make some of the dishes at home!

Visited April 2013
Germantown, New York
“Great Fresh Food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is our go to lunch spot when visiting Boston. The food is always fresh,and the different salads of beans and lentils are superb. Try the artichoke fritters and don't forget dessert. Also, take home a cookbook, it has great easy recipes.

• Visited February 2013