“Great little gem in Boston”
Review of Zuma Tex-Mex

Zuma Tex-Mex
Ranked #425 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Public Transit Stops: Government Center (green line, blue line), Haymarket (orange line)
Description: Zuma Tex-Mex is a Quincy Market favorite. Zuma's satisfies its clientele with Mexican-American comfort favorites. Enjoy fruity margaritas, sizzling fajita platters, overstuffed burritos and heaping plates of nachos.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped at this awesome restaurant late one evening. We were told that they stopped serving at midnight and we literally entered the restaurant at 11:50pm after a long flight. We were welcomed and greeted as if we were the most important customers in the world. The host and waitress could not have been any nicer. I have a lot of food limitations and tex/mex is probably not a good idea for me. But when I explained that I could not eat spicy foods, I was told they could alter the recipe to suit my taste.

There were 3 of us and we got several items including drinks and the servings were very big. Our bill was under $30. They were quick, checked on us often and the food was delicious. I LOVED this place and will definitely go back again compared to some of the more expensive "stuffy" restaurants where the waitstaff could care less if you are there or not.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Zuma at Quincy Market offers $4 margaritas and half price appetizers from 4-6pm each day. The chimichangitas were excellent. Service staff very helpful. Not good is the basement location where you cannot watch people.

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Grear chips and salsa. We ordered tacos al carbon with black beans instead of refried. One order chicken, one order beef. Both meats were grilled and sliced rather than shredded. Made for better than usual tacos. We will be back. Don't usually like touristy locations, but this was quite a nice Surprise.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Wow, really good for us. We ate here a couple of times and really enjoyed it. All food was really great, staff were friendly and attentive enough. It's a bar atmosphere. Live sports on TVs, we were happy to see it. Relaxed, easy, great quality food.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We are Brits so not as used to tipping but know we are expected to tip 15-20% after a meal but what if you are all but invisible to the server and you have to ask them for everything you need? I just couldnt bring myself to give our hand earned money for that. I tipped 10% and felt a bit guilty but then perhaps he knew as he asked if we wanted change!

The food was good, my son loved his rack of ribs.

I really do like to review fairly so I have to mention that my arms stuck to the wooden table and that the floors were filthy, lots of food on them. Looking around, the whole place needed a big bucket of hot water and elbow grease. Thankfully the Chefs are good and saved the day.

Been to Zuma Tex-Mex? Share your experiences!