“Relaxing stop for a drink”
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Living Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #717 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, European, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Richmond St.
Transit: Orange Line: Haymarket Station Green Line: Government Center Blue Line: Aquarium Station.
Description: German Chef Frank Schattauer offers an awesome selection of American and Global comfort food with emphasis on regional seafood. Brunch is served from 11:00 AM to 3 PM Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Dinner service begins at 4 PM daily
South of Boston
“Relaxing stop for a drink”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a fun little spot that we discovered during a recent 'Martini Crawl' before a meal in the North End. We didn't try the food, but the martini menu was extensive. As might be contrued by the name of the place, the Living Room has an extensive bar area, including several living room chairs. We tried the "Strawberry Shortcake" and the "Key Lime", and both were good.

We had no opportunity to sample the food, but there is a dining room in the rear...maybe next time. .

New Jersey
“Great food - Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Make sure you have reservations!
This place is great for friends going out for drinks or for dinner.

Our server was a little ditzy, but she didn't mess anything up so that was good.
Drinks were pricey - but nothing less to expect from a trendy bar in a major city.

I highly recommend getting the buffalo chicken dumplings - delicious!!!!
I was so full from them when my meal came I wasn't that hungry, but managed to get it down.
They had a great drink/wine list - so many different drinks to chose from.

1 Thank Trish11679
East Rutherford, New Jersey
“Cool place for young adults”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The place is nice and they play good music. Just don't use coat-check because the staff is very irresponsible. My friend left her new coat at the coat check and they lost it. We went back the next day and they were very rude and did not seem to care about the fact that they just cost her $150.00.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Dont bother with this place as a nightlife venue”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Your not missing out, I do not suggest you go to this place.

Came here on a Saturday night for some cocktails with 2 friends. The room looked cozy but there were no seats available to sit at.

DJ was VERY disappointing, he abruptly transitioned from old school hip hop to songs like bon jovi then to reggae. It was not a smooth transition at all and cleared the floor as people were confused at what they were listening to.

If there were seats to sit at I would have stayed a bit longer but after one cocktail each my friends and I decided to leave.

We went to coat check to pick up my jacket and it was lost. The one task required of them, they could not do! Very unprofessional to say the least. I was taken in the back to see if my jacket was there and I saw glasses of beer and drinks on the shelf above where the jackets were hanging- no wonder they lost my jacket! No compensation was offered.

Definitely a no-go! Besides the cozy feeling, theres nothing else special about this place. I did not try the food so I cannot comment on that but the drinks were just average.

• Visited October 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Bar Scene was a good time..”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have had food at this place before but I will now overlook that since being there on a Saturday night. Went there with a group of us for a friends birthday and had a great time, good atmosphere with a nice mix of people and music.