“Not Impressed”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue & State Streets
Transit: Blue Line Aquarium
Description: An incredible landmark location on Boston’s Long Wharf, Chart House is situated in the Gardiner Building – the restored 18th-century offices of American Patriot John Hancock. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & Whole Maine Lobster. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Pato Dining at its finest!
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The location is beautiful for the restaurant and the building is very nice but the food is average at best. We had 8:30 reservations. My wife loves swordfish and mainly orders that when out she did not like this one at all. The Bibb wedge salad is a large plate of bibb lettuce, overwelming and bland. Cut back size and give it some taste. I had lobster stuffed scrod which I did not even finish because it was nothing special. Service was slow, the table next to us the one man kept nodding off at table of 4 he complained about where the food was. Would not go back when we stay this month in Boston right next to this place. Dinner with tip for 2 with 3 drinks was 166.00

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montana USA
“Lunch and an afternoon of shopping”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Conveniently located with great service and excellent food. We stopped there on a rainy afternoon while shopping at the Faneuil Hall Market Place. Warm and welcoming after the rain and cold.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank liveoncemt
Toronto, Canada
“Good Lobster Prime Rib Not So Good”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Had a late night dinner at the Chart House on a Friday night. Our waiter Greg was wonderful. I enjoyed my lobster yet was very disappointed with my Prime Rib. I felt my meal wasn’t worth the price only because the Prime Rib was so terrible.

• Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fabulous dinner, not so fabulous attitude at the bar”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went for dinner with a large group (25-30 people). While waiting for our tables to become available, we went into the nearly empty bar to have cocktails. I was more than surprised by the service we received. Although prompt for the most part, both bartenders were less than pleasant to a number of our guests. When one person mentioned it to me, I thought they must be imagining it. We were the majority of the people in the bar, so I should think they might like to make a nice chunk of change at the end of the night. By the time the third person mentioned it, I had started watching and was absolutely struck. Not a smile, barely glancing at the person ordering, very disconnected. I spent many of my working years in restaurants and know your service is reflected in your tips. Unfortunately, a number of guests were so incensed, they barely tipped at all. Unfortunate all around. I did speak to 2 ladies at the front desk and they were both lovely. One of the ladies (perhaps a manager) did say she would speak with them and respected my wish that she wait until the end of the night. I didn't see a need to make a scene and certainly didn't want to interrupt bar service to the entire restaurant.

We were then seated at a nice, secluded L-shaped table. Our service for dinner was lovely and the waitresses were very attentive. I had the "Dynamite Mahi-mahi" and dynamite is putting it mildly. IT WAS AMAZING! It was a perfectly sized portion, served with rice, and the flavor was out of this world. I nearly had to remind myself of my manners!! I could have licked the plate! Absolutely cooked to perfection.

All in all, it turned out to be a nice evening, slightly soured by the service we received when we came in. Luckily, I think the service at the table and the food helped a number of guests to move on from the initial experience.

• Visited November 2013
Spring, Texas
“Leaf Trip”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Fantastic food in addition to great staff. The Gazpacho was out of this world. Lovely waitress you served us.

Visited October 2013