“Wait time - inexcusable” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chart House Restaurant

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue & State Streets
Transit: Blue Line Aquarium
Description: An incredible landmark location on Boston’s Long Wharf, Chart House is situated in the Gardiner Building – the restored 18th-century offices of American Patriot John Hancock. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & Whole Maine Lobster. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Pato Dining at its finest!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wait time - inexcusable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008

We knew it would be a long wait - that was okay. At 7:10 we put our name in and was told 65 to 75 minutes. Being a beautiful May evening we leisurely walked the pier to take up some of the time and then we headed back in the restaurant to the bar. We knew we were in trouble when the bartender told us to add another 45 minutes to whatever the front desk told us. I think it was when my husband got so mad at the front desk for continually saying "five to ten more minutes" - he walked out the door with the beeper vowing not to come back- that the darn thing finally went off and I persuaded him to go back in. I was hungry!! At 9:15 (125 minutes!) we were finally seated. Our waiter was fantastic. He knew how mad my husband was and he was fast with our order. The food was very good.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Middletown, CT
“One of Boston's Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

Definitely worth the money and wait! Really delicious lobster and cool old building! Good drinks too!

San Francisco, California
“My first birthday in Boston, and what a surprise it was. I can still remember it clearly in my mind. Oh, if the...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2008

My first birthday in Boston, and what a surprise it was. I can still remember it clearly in my mind. Oh, if the experience could be recreated one more time. What bliss.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice "old" Boston appeal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2008

Nice "old" Boston appeal.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“expensive and touristy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2008

expensive and touristy

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Chart House Restaurant? Share your experiences!