“not good!”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue & State Streets
Transit: Blue Line Aquarium
Description: An incredible landmark location on Boston’s Long Wharf, Chart House is situated in the Gardiner Building – the restored 18th-century offices of American Patriot John Hancock. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & Whole Maine Lobster. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Pato Dining at its finest!
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Food was cold and my husband had a hair in his food, they did offer him another meal but by then the evening was spoilt. emailed the company but they have yet to reply. expensive for what it was expected better service!

There are newer reviews for Chart House Restaurant

Reviewed May 15, 2011

We wanted to treat ourselves after running the Boston Marathon (hot, hilly but superb crowds). We just called in here as we walked around the harbor area. Monday night and the place was packed. We had to wait about an hour for a table, but the atmosphere in the bar was good and there was a fine selection of beers for us to sample. The main restaurant is upstairs, which was tough for our tired limbs.

All 4 of us had the clam chowder (well you have to in Boston really). Pretty good, but not the beat I've had. Just too large a portion really. I had the prime rib (excellent). The others all enjoyed there mains.

Can't remember the exact bill, but it was steep considering we had no wine or deserts.

Small number of tables outside, with heaters. Too cold for us but would be nice in the summer.

Good location, very efficient service, pleasant food but pricey.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

My husband and I went for a nice lunch at the Chart House in Boston. I grew up eating at Chart House Restaurants.. this was not the same Chart I knew. The service was terrible- the waitress was extremely immature when she realized I did not like my meal and could use a lesson in table manners. The meal itself was a chicken sandwich that tasted like it had been put in a deep fryer and served on white break dipped in butter- McDonalds would have been better. The fries were cold and stale tasting. We waiting 40 minutes for this sandwich and my husband’s shrimp cocktail..I think I could have caught my own shrimp in the Boston Harbor in that amount of time. To top it off the manager gave us a free appetizer coupon for our troubles..when we got home we notices the coupon expired in 2010. All in all the manager on staff was not pro active and blamed it on a busy day instead of being a manger and fixing the situation. Really upsetting..I ended up getting a pretzel from a cart outside that was better than the entire meal.

1  Thank miller1032
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I ate there one of the best seafood I've ever had. The sphere is very nice and the staff is really friendly and professional.
Really a good choice!

Reviewed March 23, 2011

The good: the service was fantastic, our server was attentive. My husband said the clam chowder was the best he had. Their house salad was amazing. The buildijng is gorgeous and great location on the water in the North end. Huge portion of prime rib and my husband couldn't even finish it, which is rare!

The average: The lobster and butter got cold quickly, they don't give you a butter warmer.

The not so good: Wine list was expansive and a little pricy. Overall, a bit pricey in comparison to other restaurants in the area.