Tripadvisor
Boston

“A Good Seafood Restaurant on the Wharf”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Order Online
Ranked #120 of 3,403 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Ave.
Transit: Aquarium Station (Blueline)
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods - really fresh fish. Enjoy ocean-side dining just steps from the New England Aquarium. Our restaurant couldn't be more convenient to the Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall and waterfront hotels. We think a visit to Boston must include a meal at Legal Sea Foods. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there's no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We've received a boatload of accolades including "Most Popular Boston Restaurant" (Zagat, 2011/2012), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Improper Bostonian, 2010), "Best Chowder" (Boston Magazine, 2010), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Legal Seafood food offers a variety of seafood. My favorite is the steamed clams. They have a special that offers a cup of clam chowder, steamers, mussels, 1.25 steamed lobster and a piece of chorizo sausage. That was my meal. My wife had the crab cake and a salad. Both entrees were delicious. We topped our meal off with a delicious bread pudding. The service was good and the price was very competitive for the area. Overall a very good meal.

1  Thank FrenchieFragments
Write a reviewReviews (5,223)

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

This is our favorite place when visit Boston. The foods are great. I enjoy my fish and chips. My daughters enjoyed the foods they ordered.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

If I could leave no stars I would. The management here is absolutely horrible. They put no priority towards service and focus solely on how well they look at the hostess stand. The wait staff is sub par at best — except for Celestine who went out of her way to serve us and was fantastic. The management however not only is combative with guests but bad at managing their dining room. I wish I could tell you if their seafood was worth the bad service but I’ll never know because all I ended up eating was old bread and overly salted oysters. I wish I could have the HR number for this restaurant to inform them of what poor management they have and god bless anyone who tries to eat here.

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

I had the crab cakes as my main meal, and some Clam Chowder. Also, Boston Cream Pie fir desert. It was all great. Not the best Chowder I've ever had, but top 5 for sure!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed January 4, 2020

They delivered lobsters to us in southern Maine and they were all dead the first time. They delivered lobsters a second time and one out of two was clearly dead for a long time! What a joke!

Date of visit: January 2020

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!