“Excellent food two nights running”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Ave.
Transit: Aquarium Station (Blueline)
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods - really fresh fish. Enjoy ocean-side dining just steps from the New England Aquarium. Our restaurant couldn't be more convenient to the Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall and waterfront hotels. We think a visit to Boston must include a meal at Legal Sea Foods. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there's no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We've received a boatload of accolades including "Most Popular Boston Restaurant" (Zagat, 2011/2012), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Improper Bostonian, 2010), "Best Chowder" (Boston Magazine, 2010), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Chester
“Excellent food two nights running”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I ate here two consecutive nights 4th and 5th September. My husband had been before having travelled with work and highly recommended it. I wan't disappointed ! The place itself is bustling all the time. The staff are on their toes, knowledgable with regards to the dishes available, the service speedy and efficient. There is abundance of different seafood dishes and as their saying goes "if its not fresh it's not legal". Over the two nights we had popcorn shrimp, seafood stew, fried clams, scallops, prawns and calamari, crab cakes and seafood linguine ... All excellent.... If you haven't been then this place is a must . We went to the one on the harbour But there are a few dotted about Boston.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“A GREAT PLACE TO EAT ON BOSTON'S HARBORSIDE”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

From the moment we set foot in the restaurant, our experience was perfect. Our server outlined the specials, described everything clearly and provided helpful information about the various regional draft beers that I was not familiar with. Our meals were super-fresh and absolutely delicious, For dessert, the Boston cream pie is essential! Great value and the perfect end to a day of sightseeing.

• Visited August 2013
“Best scallops I've ever had!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I had the crabcake app, I had the scallops and he had the grilled shrimp. This was absolutely the best seafood I've ever eaten. I sing their praises to anyone that is traveling to Boston. Simply amazing!

• Visited October 2012
Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We celebrated a 60th birthday here over Labor Day weekend. Three of us got the Lobster bake and the other person (not a seafood lover) got the filet.
The service was excellent on this busy night, the food was prompt and very good. Portions were just right.

Visited September 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great food, great location”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Although busy we were seated very quickly on the patio overlooking the Long Wharf.

My friend and I both had the Crab Cake Combo and although the scallops and shrimp were both fine the crab cake itself was so delicious that we wished we'd had the Signature Crab Cakes as you got two ! Very different from any crab cake I'd had before but maybe that's a UK thing, very very tasty though.

We also both indulged in dessert with my friend having the Boston Cream Pie and I had the Choclate Layer Cake...both delicious but very rich so you have been warned !

I know this is a chain but we had a great meal, great service and good value for money with a lovely view.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!