“Chocolate Brunch at The Langham's Cafe Fleuri” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Fleuri

Cafe Fleuri
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Fleuri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Congress St.
Transit: Commuter Rail to South Station; or take the 'T': Red & Green Lines to Park Street or Blue & Orange Lines to State Street
Boston
“Chocolate Brunch at The Langham's Cafe Fleuri”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My Honey and I had been disappointed by the Boston Harbor Hotel's "Above and Below Chocolate Party" in February, and heard about the Chocolate Brunch at The Langham from several people. We went with another couple, and were so glad we did. This venue had a plethora of chocolate (and non-chocolate) concoctions and treats. There was the 'expected' chocolate fountain, along with a crepe station, an ice cream bar, and different sections with candy, pastries, mousses, cakes, cookies, hot chocolate, etc.

There was such an abundance of sweetness in the air, I kept thinking we'd be invited to lick the walls, reminiscent of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

The staff was attentive and professional. The displays appeared clean and kempt. There was a nice party-ish ambiance—along with a DJ—without being overdone.

This is not a traditional brunch. There were no egg stations or traditional breakfast fixings. But this was a fun, new thing to do with friends. It was fun being able to try so many different things, although we felt like we barely made a dent in all of the offerings.

Brussels, Belgium
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went here for Sunday brunch with an old Boston family. After a tour of the old rooms of the Federal Reserve in the hotel and hearing the history, attacked the brunch.

One of the best, if not the best, brunch I ever had. I could have stayed with the seafood table by itself and be happy. Cold oysters, shrimps, scallops, squid, sushi, smoked salmon and crab claws. Clam chowder one of the best I've had in Boston. Then numerous traditional main courses. Pasta cooking station to order, as well as crepes and eggs. So much food I couldn't try everything. Dessert choice out of this world.

I don't know the price, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay.

PJackkand
“Brunch was Mind blowing Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Cafe Fleuri has an amazing spread ranging from sushi to roasted potatoes and lobster macaroni and cheese! There was a chocolate fountain that looked awesome and smelled totally amazing! The items they had laid out for dipping went from huge strawberries to rice crispy treats!!!

We had Nelson as a server and he was very good - Mirsada also helped out with service and she was fantastic!!!

One thing my group found puzzling was the omelet station - only one chef working with three going at once - and the queue for omelets was rather long! One of the four orders in my group was incorrect resulting in needing to start over again – I don’t blame the chef but the lack of staffing.
I would and plan to go back -

• Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Compared to what looks like it could be a fabulous high tea in the lobby restaurant, the Langham's lunch spot just doesn't do it...food very ordinary, tasteless...really disappointing...wouldn't waste money on this spot, but high tea, well, that could be another inviting story...

Visited February 2014
Framingham, MA
“Chocolate Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Celebrated my daughters 15th birthday at the chocolate bar. Our party of 8 was seated promptly at 1pm and our service was impeccable. We spent 2 hours enjoying all the decadent desserts. Ironically my favorite was the crepe bar. You had a choice of vanilla or chocolate crepe batter and then various toppings to personalize your crepe. I had vanilla with fresh berries and whip cream. YUMMY!

The staff work HARD, as there are SOO many servers replenishing food, clearing plates, serving the Coldstone Creamery Mixins, making fresh popcorn (great idea to offset all the "sweet"), refilling water glasses, and making fresh cotton candy. This place is not understaffed whatsoever!!!

I agree with other reviews about the DJ-he is loud. However it does make the ambiance fun and hip. The DJ music was excellent and we enjoyed it. Ask to sit away from the DJ area when you make your reservation and this can be avoided.

We parked in the garage that connects to the hotel and it was 15.00 for the day. Everyone needs to do this once in their lifetime. Yes the price is expensive, but is justified for food taste and presentation. You will not regret this experience as it is amazing.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank anonymous5

Been to Cafe Fleuri? Share your experiences!