“Great food, a must visit for all tourists!”
Review of Barking Crab

Barking Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Barking Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Transit: Red Line (South Station) Silver Line (Courthouse Station) Blue Line (Aquarium Station) Green Line (Government Center Station) Orange Line (Downtown Crossing Station)
Description: Barking Crab is a landmark Boston seafood restaurant celebrating our fifteenth season. Located on the Fort Point Channel in Boston's Seaport District, The Barking Crab features fresh crabs, lobsters, and day-boat fish brought in each morning. We feature traditional New England fare served in a funky urban clam-shack setting. We have a full bar including over 15 regional micro brews, cocktails, and an approachable value-priced wine list. We are family friendly and a short 2 minute walk from the Boston Children's Museum. Other area attractions include the Institute of Contemporary Art, Harpoon Brewery, the Harbor-walk, Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, and Boston's Financial District.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Amazing food! The crab chowder is to die for and the fish and chips (I hate to say) put anything back home in England to shame.
The service could be better, but perhaps the fact that the service is included already could explain this?

There are newer reviews for Barking Crab

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The place is great to walk into - everyone is relaxed and enjoying the huge lobster or crad, or tucking into a more manageable sandwich. Good beers to work your way through to accompany the excellend sea-food. I like the way they cater for all tastes (in seafood) and all appetites!

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Food was not bad but what really did us in was we had just paid and finishing our drinks when a rat ran across the floor of the restraunt. The ambiance was awesome but just can't get that rat out of my hea

Reviewed November 27, 2012

So we've heard this was an institution and went to chek it out. Food was great, atmosphere was casual, not particulary expensive. Breaking giant crabs can be fun, but the lobster roll was easier to eat.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food was excellent. I loved the New England clam Chowder, the mussels, crab cakes, lobster bisque..all wonderful!!! However, the building looks like a hole in the wall. I"m not sure if this is a local favorite but I definitely feel like all the tourist are sent here. Our table for 6 was next to a wall overlooking the river and I could feel the outside air threw the window. It was November so it was cold. I'd return for the food but I don't particularly like the shack it resides inside. They need an overhaul.

Been to Barking Crab? Share your experiences!