“Excellent food and wonderful, caring staff!!!”
Review of Durgin Park

Durgin Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Durgin Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Clinton and North
Transit: Green line-Government Center Orange line-Haymarket Blue line-State St
Description: For well over a century, Durgin-Park has catered to the hearty appetites of straw-hatted, white-aproned, market men and local characters. Take part in Boston history as you step into one of the oldest continuously running establishments in the country. At Durgin-Park, we serve history.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our party of 7 thoroughly enjoyed our time at Durgin Park. There was not one complaint about anything that was served to us. We had the prime rib, corned beef and cabbage, crab cakes, scallops w/seasoned breadcrumbs, shrimp and a burger. The corn bread and baked beans are made fresh daily (says the menu) and both were superb. The manager came to our table to see how things were and offered a sample of their "famous Indian pudding" It came warm with some ice cream. It's not my taste, but my nephew enjoyed it. Gina was our waitress. A gentleman also helped with our drinks and serving. I cannot wait to come back for more!! I wish we lived closer!!!

1  Thank Tammy Jo L
There are newer reviews for Durgin Park

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Eating at Durgin Park is an experience that should not be missed. After spending a morning doing some sightseeing in Boston (and Faneuil Hall) it was time for lunch. Durgin Park is legendary and I wanted to see what it was all about.
The restaurant, of course, is old but it has been excellently maintained. The tables are long and you are sitting with strangers, but everyone becomes friendly.
The waitresses live up to their no nonesense attitude, but we din't encounter any rudeness.
The portions are huge, so be prepared with a healty appetite or to take away a "doggie bag".
The prime rib was phenomenal, very flavorful, tender and too much to eat.
The corn bread, baked beans and other side dishes lived up to thier reputations.
For dessert, the strawberry shortcake is a must!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Durgin Park is an eating experience like no other in Boston. Food is credible and service, such as it is, is good and the atmosphere is unique and what makes the place what it is (as well as the food). If you have not gone to the place at least once then it is questionable whether you have ever truly and fully visited Boston - the two go hand in hand and are almost synonymous with one another. If you come to Boston make every effort to visit - it may not be your best meal but it will be something that you will remember.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I had a friend visiting from Brazil. She'd been to New York but never to Boston, so I brought her here to see traditional New England food in a suitably battered-up "been here forever" setting. With a slogan like "established before you were born," you know you don't want a sleek, modern dining room. You want old-fashioned, other-people-may-sit-next-to-you early Anerican restaurant, which the building still is.

Fresh lobster Newburg and lobster rolls, baked beans, apple pan dowdy and Indian pudding were on the menu, all reasonably priced for the absolutely enormous servings presented. My friend had never realised that US baked beans are a sweet type of dish unlike South Anerican preparations.

Some of the staff know made her feel very welcome, explaining the food to her and telling stories. A couple of dishes were even sent over from the kitchen for her to taste some other traditional foods. We had a fabulous time and left ready to explode, we'd eaten so much.

I should eat here more often - it's one of my favorite places, really, even when full of tourists. Durgin-Park, I have loved you since the first day I ate in you. I will be back, especially with my visiting friends.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I hadn't been here in eight years since my brother and I took my Dad here before Game 1 of the 2004 World Series. The one thing you can count on with Durgin Park is: consistency. Decided to bring my colleague (who'd rarely set foot in Boston) so she could experience this classic Boston experience. It did not disappoint. Strangely quiet at about 8:00 p.m. on a Tiesday night.

Since I live in the Midwest, if I see steamers on a menu, I go for them. These were great - a little salty and sandy. Yum. We then enjoyed the baked beans and corn bread (both are musts). For dinner, I had the fried seafood platter. It was excellent - overflowing with shrimp, scallops and scrod, topped with some fries and a couple of onion rings. And not too heavy. My colleague (who's not a seafood fan) had the prime rib (which she said was okay).

Despite this place's reputation, the waiter was quite friendly. He quickly replaced our original draft beer orders when they came out warm.

Been to Durgin Park? Share your experiences!