“My favorite sushi restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sakurabana

Sakurabana
Ranked #779 of 3,185 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Boston, Massachusetts
“My favorite sushi restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been a patron at this restaurant for over 15 years and eat there probably 40 times a year. I have never been disappointed. Food is outstanding. Very crowded at lunch - you have to get there early, but much more relaxed for dinner. Best things on the menu in my opinion are spicy scallop maki, shrimp fantasia maki, spicy green maki.

Visited October 2013

Paris, France
“Decent sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I discovered this one by accident on a street corner. Bustling at lunchtime, that's what its made for: a quick, healthy, tasty japanese with little pretence that absolutely delivers the goods. What more can you ask for? Service is friendly, prices are keen. A good, simple choice.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank i-live-for-lunch
“Excellent sushi and sashimi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I frequently work in Boston and found this hidden gem for dinner. Will definitely be going back because it was some of the best simple Japanese food I have tasted outside Japan at a good price. Highly recommended for a low key, fresh, simple meal.

Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great real Japanese food restaurant, with excellent sushi and sashimi dishes, particularly their very reasonably priced lunch specials which are (as the 4.8.13 date of our lunch) in the $10-$12 range (one deluxe sushi special for $14.50). Popular restaurant which is often crowded later in the week, particularly at night. We went for a later Monday lunch, and even then it was 2/3 full. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
Effingham, New Hampshire
“had a good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I spent the night in boston because we had an early flight out of Logan Airport. We went for a walk lookinf for a restaurant and found Sakura-Bana and we decided to try it. I started with a california roll which was very well prepared I then had their lunch box with beef and sushi. The sushi was very fresh and the beef I found to be very flavorful and tender. The only problem I had is they gave me more food than I could eat. I would definitely go back

• Visited March 2013