“Worst restaurant I have been to since being on trip advisor”
Review of East Ocean City Restaurant - CLOSED

East Ocean City Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The satin only go to a Chinese restaurant with Chinese people has this week been proven wrong.

This is without doubt the worst restaurant I have reviewed on trip advisor and my first single rating I think.

My soup was bland but at least edible. My spicy Szechuan chicken looked a bit wired. More green than brown an it tasted really bad. Either te chicken or the source was cross contaminated. I didn't eat more than a few mouthfuls - it was tasteless and I did not feel good eating more.

Service was very patchy too.

Avoid.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great lobster, mussels, and Chinese food, but the service was very average. Reasonable prices though, and certainly consider coming back.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My family of four which includes two young children were visiting the Chinese restaurant, East Ocean City. Next to our table there were a staff of waiters who were handling leaves of green vegetables that were placed in the middle of a dining room table. The staff were dividing the leaves from the stem and placing the vegetable leaves in a medium size plastic containers, which were located on the floor.I then observed one of the waiters place his left foot inside the container to stomp the vegetables, what made it worse this waiter did this twice while wearing his black sneakers. I felt uncomfortable and sick to my stomach and told my self I hope there were not any vegetables in my dish that I had previously ordered. I feel there needs to better practice when it comes to handling the food. I will never dine at this restaurant again and I feel that the public should be aware on how the food is is prepared before they dine here, If I was a city health inspector I would have cited them on the spot, it makes me wonder on what other type of inappropriate ways they prep their food??

1  Thank Michael O
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Had the special stir-fried beef in hot bean sauce as a main, and two appetisers - spring rolls and pork spare rib on bone. Only ate a tiny bit of the pork spare rib as it was awful - dry and chewy meat. The spring roll - not bad but forget the sauce they serve with it - some sort of glowing sweet sauce - ask for some chilli sauce (or soy).
The beef in hot bean sauce was the highlight - good level of spice with whole dried chillis in the dish - and had fresh muchrom and celery that went really well in it with the beef.
So this could be a better meal if you order well I suspect - the two appetisers were a mistake - and actually not needed as the main was big.

Lastly - I was parched afterwards - obviously too much salt or msg in the dishes...bad after effect.

Service - standard chinese style - quick, fast, and a little unhelpful.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

if you are in Chinatown, go and eat somewhere else .... we took a menu, with soup, starter and main dish and everything arrived at the same time, except for the rice which arrived 5 minutes later, and this thanks to the fact that the "rice waiter" was busy with doing something in the washrooms, so all your food is already cooling down and you are waiting sitting there .... also worst hot and sour soup I ever have had; and then we ordered a bottle of wine, which was almost thrown on our table and they did not let us taste it; no, really disappointing and not worth the money

1  Thank Kortenbergtraveler