“Had better, had worse”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Cuban, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had the lobster, clam chowder...an old red wine...not that great. I gave it 3 of 5 because the bartender was nice and responsive. The food was not that good. Much better places nearby.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Oldest eatery in the USA!
The lobster was good but more work than I enjoy.
Large menu and the place is a must visit on Boston.
You can find better seafood but the building and the history of the place is unmatched.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 15, 2008

I really like this place and wish it was still in Faneural Hall! Best plantains ever; good barbecue salmon. How can this ever be a bad thing?

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 15, 2007

good aND ELECTABLE

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I spent 5 days in Boston last month. The Naked Fish was the first restaurant I visited. It was a terrible experience. First off, the bar was relatively empty. I say this because it still took a while to get the bartenders attention. He then gave my girlfriend her drink and proceeded to then take the money from another couple before bringing me my drink. He then set it down on the bar but didn't take the old drinks and napkins from the couple sitting in those seats before us. Made a face to boot.

The place was very very hot. The day we were there, it was very hot in Boston and apparently the air conditioner wasn't working very well. Needless to say, the ambient heat didn't make the dinner very comfortable. And I am from Florida, so the heat doesn't usually bother me.

The meal was passable. The fish was ok, nothing special. The shrimp appetizer was tasteless. The waiter was very good. A considerable upgrade from the bartending staff. All in all... there are so many great places to eat in Boston, it's a shame we choose this poor excuse for a dining establishment.