“Stopped for drink & appetizer”

Rosa Mexicano - Boston
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosa Mexicano - Boston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 3,292 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Description: We opened our first New England location in Boston in May 2012 at 155 Seaport Blvd. This stunning restaurant combines Rosa's trademark authentic Mexican cuisine and stylish, festive atmosphere with Boston’s hospitality to offer a unique dining experience. With its bright colors, Mexican artwork and fabulous food, all are sure to enjoy the style and tastes that are solely Rosa Mexicano.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We walked from our hotel to this restaurant. We just had appetizers and drinks; it was very pleasant and seemed to be very lively. A fairly young crowd was in attendance. My mango mojito was delicious; the cheese in the queso app was really thick so not what we were expecting. I heard later that we should have gone for the guac. I would go back for dinner if I had the chance.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here looking for dinner. Decided on multiple appetizers and drinks. Drinks were very strong, and appetizers quite tasty. Service was very good. Two drinks and three appetizers ran over $50 (and that was with happy hour drink prices) which we thought was a little high for what we actually got. Lastly, to be fair, location was near water front, in an area frequented by tourists, so prices probably normal for the venue. Would go back, if just to try a dinner entrée.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

You can get any kind of margarita you can think of, they make the (excellent) guacamole at your table, spiced to order, the wine list is better than average, the food selection and GF options excellent (the GF menu alone is better than many restaurants' full menu, and the staff understands GF). We were there on Sunday night, so neither full nor noisy, but it's roomy and I think it could handle a lot more people and still allow conversation. I can't comment on dessert because none of us had room; portions were amble but not overwhelming. Plenty to like about this place and little to dislike. Easy walk from downtown Boston. First time there for all four of us. We'll be back.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have been here in the past and was never really super impressed but I gave it another try. I think if you are in Boston you can find a lot of Mexican food that is better, this was just convenient. We had a few quacamoles, only issue there is the avocado was still in some pretty large pieces and I prefer smaller as the were 4 people sharing it. I had the tortilla soup, which was OK, not great not bad. The mahi tacos were great, I didn't eat them but my guests raved about them. My chicken enchilada was surprisingly small, like two smaller than Taco Bell size tacos and they weren't cheap, they were just average. Overall a good experience, asked for hot sauce three times and didn't get it and then I just gave up, and then afterwards we still tipped 20%, not deserved but I just don't like doing it. Do yourself a favor and go to Papagayo.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I love guacamole but am allergic to cilantro....the good news? They make it to order and at your table at Rosa Mexicano's! Add that to fresh chips and balanced salsa, yummy! For entree I chose the Mahi Mahi Tacos which were also delicious. Again, they made my rice sans the cilantro. Great service...they took great care of us-we'll be back!