“Great beds and lively bar atmosphere.”
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great beds and lively bar atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Service at the Loews Boston hotel is superb. The staff is very friendly and do a wonderful job. I've stayed at luxury hotels in Boston and would return to Loews before any of the others.
The hotel has a lively bar area and appears to be popular with a young professional crowd. Breakfast at the Precinct was delicious.
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear 219mondoc,

Music to my ears! Thank you so much for the great review. I appreciate that you took the time to recognize the efforts of our Team Members. Thank you very much and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We recently stayed for 9 nights and cannot speak highly enough of the service received.
Due to the length of the stay, we had contacted the hotel asking for a quiet room on a high floor. We were allocated room 620 which is a large corner room and although this is on a main street, we were never disturbed by traffic noise.

The room was spotless and kept that way throughout our stay. All the staff were friendly and welcoming. My only little gripe with the room is that there was not a fridge in it.
A birthday card signed by the staff was left in the room on arrival along with a bottle of wine and chocolates for my wife’s 50th birthday.

We ate in the restaurant on two occasions and although slightly disappointed by the lack of choice on the dinner menu, the food was excellent. We also ate in the bar and again cannot fault the food.

The lounge area with the large television screens and coffee machine was a great place to chill.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for relaxing break where they will be looked after by staff who care about their guest’s experience

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank miked1967
Hello miked1967 and thank you for not only posting a fantastic review of your experience but for also selecting our hotel as your ‘Boston Home’ for nine nights! We can’t thank you enough for sharing your experience and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay thoroughly! I will be sure to share your comments with all of my Team Members.

Thank you for your comments on the lack of refrigeration and the dinner menu. I can tell you that we are doing our best to resolve the refrigerator issue very soon. Until then, we do have refrigerators available upon request.

And a belated Happy Very Special Birthday to your wife!!!

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special occasion!
scotland
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying at the loews hotel in Boston and it's fantastic!! Don't hesitate to book this place.
It's a modern hotel, close to lots of places within Boston. Newbury street and Copley square are a couple of blocks away.
My husband calls me a room snob ( I suppose I am) and like a large, clean, modern hotel room - well this place is exactly that. The bathroom in spotlessly clean and the bath towels are white and fluffy!
There is a coffee machine in your room (restocked daily), a large flat screen tv and a safe. The decor is modern and bright too. The curtains are blackout curtains so make the room really dark, great for a nights sleep.
The staff are all friendly and helpful -nothing is too much bother.
There is an outside seating area in the precinct bar with comfy seating and great drinks! Breakfast there too was amazing!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be returning to the loews!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dylandog1980
Dear Dylandog1980…WOW! Thank you! I am so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your visit with us- clean, good service and we earned your loyalty! That’s as good as it gets for us!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Boston
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Room and hallway smelled of dampness/moisture, hidden high parking fees were not described at time of booking, 3x had to contact front desk for a minor IHome issue (eventually resolved but they set expectations on resolution and failed to meet them), bad service at restaurant

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Timothy W
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Timothy W,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing stay and I appreciate you also completing our Guest Satisfaction Survey giving us more information so we can follow up internally. It is our goal to be the boutique hotel of choice in Boston's Back Bay and your feedback will help us attant this goal. You should have my contact information since I reached out to you independently to offer my apologies, but if I may be of assistance to you, I can be reached at john.maibach@loewshotels.com. We hope to have an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.
Ottawa
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a very good hotel in almost every respect. The location is great - centrally located and walkable to almost everywhere - we actually walked from the North end and from Fenway Park.
The staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations.
The room had some high points - trendy décor, huge full length mirror, huge tv - but the room itself was quite small - I had to shuffle sideways to get to my side of the bed.
Parking was $46/day, which I found rather expensive. And it's not on-site so you have to wait 10-15 mins for them to fetch your car. Not very convenient.
All in all though, it's a nice hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OscarHeycuff
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello OscarHeycuff and thank you for your recent visit and subsequent post. My apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and we will certainly review any opportunities we may have to improve based on your feedback. Overall, it appears you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Boston.
Benicia, CA
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a good hotel. It is very centrally located. It is a couple of blocks from Newbury St. where all of the main shopping is. It is about 1 mile or less than a mile from Chinatown, the Freedom Trail, and is a little more than a mile to Fenway Park. This hotel is also a former police station and the restaurant below is called "the Precinct." We had breakfast there twice. It is a bit pricey, but the food is excellent. There is no coffee pot in the room. However, there is a machine in the lounge area near the lobby which allows you to get complementary coffee, lattes, hot chocolate, etc. There are also free newspapers on every floor. No complaints, only praise for this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you matt_train for your review and 5 star rating! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. If you have an opportunity to email me at john.maibach@loewshotels.com what your room number was, I would welcome the opportunity to inspect the room as every room is to have a Kuerig coffee maker in room, in addition to the complimentary coffee in the lobby. My apologies to you if we failed to provide you with one.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is the second Loews hotel we have stayed at on this trip. First one was horrific so we were worried about coming here. However it was brilliant. The receptionist when we checked in was absolutely brilliant (Leah I think her name), the room was clean, and a good size with a good size bed (unlike the last Loews we stayed at). The location is good; Boston is not huge so easy walking distance of many places.

The only thing I would raise is with the guy who was on concierge didn't really listen to our requests. We decided to leave slightly earlier than we initially decided and requested the shuttle be booked for 15 minutes earlier. He rang us and said it was booked for the original time, and not the earlier time we requested. He rang back again and said he had re-arranged it, but the next morning we ended up jumping in a taxi who agreed to take us for the same price because we were stood waiting for the shuttle, (it was past the original time we said at this point and we were worried about getting to the airport, but later we wondered if the guy had rang and re-arranged the time as we requested).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SelbLou
Hello SelbLou and thank you for your post. I have taken the opportunity to post your review on our Guest Feedback bulletin board not only so all of our Team Members can read about how Leah positively impacted your experience but also how our Concierge negatively impacted it. Please accept my apologies for the service shortfall you experience. We thank you for the feedback as it gives us on opportunity to improve our service delivery.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!