“Excellent Hotel in Boston”
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent Hotel in Boston”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I traveled to Boston for a wedding this past week and stayed at Loews. The accommodations were excellent; both modern and comfortable. The many little amenities really made it great, not to mention the premier location in the Back Bay. The staff went above and beyond exceptional. The outdoor ceremony being rained out they arranged for it to take place in the Presidential Suite. When we were personally escorted up to the penthouse they had chilled champagne, flower arrangement, and a wonderful desert (as the wedding cake). Not only that, the entire staff had signed a congratulations card. They did all this in about 45 minutes. Impressive to say the least. We will be returning any time we visit Boston.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Josh S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed 1 night after a Yankees - Red Sox game. 5 min walk to Copley T station. 2 stops to get to Fenway.

Stayed April 2014. The hotel has recently been renovated. Everything looks new and Fresh. Stayed with wife and two kids in a premium double. Upgraded at check-in. Loews had a free valet parking package otherwise parking would have been $47. Room was great with super comfy bed and GREAT bathroom. Super quiet room no noise. The lounge with free coffee machine was nice. The restaurant was fantastic! Great food and service. $110 with tip for lunch for 4. Kids had fish & chips, wife had PEI mussels, I had a grilled Caesar salad with steak. 2 Boston to cream pie desserts. Yummy.

Overall nice value with the FREE valet parking package. Checked in early at 12:45. We Would definitely stay here again. Oh, Dunkin Doughnuts 3 minute walk down the street is a plus.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank GraniteLand
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We've just returned from the Boston Marathon, and all I could think about was how much I wanted to write this review! Words cannot express how incredibly delicious this hotel is and how lovely the staff is. Leah and Leslie are pure angels! They felt like immediate, life-long friends and went out of their way to make our stay exquisite. The hotel itself is extraordinary. Luxurious, Zen-like rooms, jaw-dropping bathrooms with Swedish Showers (we had a king deluxe), lounging areas that made you feel like true celebrities. For the marathon runners, the staff was beyond accommodating. A surprise bowl of fresh fruit delivered to our room with a hand-written note by Leslie wishing me luck! But wait! Imagine our shock when we returned to our room after the race only to see a FRAMED gorgeous winner's plaque with my name and finishing time!!!! I was speechless! Had to rush downstairs and hug folks. I will never forget this. The Loews hotel is our FAVORITE hotel in Boston. We will be returning and for anyone traveling to Boston, this boutiquey and brilliant haven is a MUST!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer G
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Jennifer G

Thank you very much for the very gracious comments and glad you enjoyed the plaque! Yes, we are very fortunate to have Leslie and Leah on our team and I will be sure to sure your comments not only with them but with the rest of our team! Congratulations on completing the Marathon and we hope to see you next year, if not sooner!!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Was here for 3 nights and really enjoyed my stay. I contacted the front desk a number of times for different requests, and the hotel staff was very accommodating and made sure all my concerns were addressed with a smile. I was pretty impressed with the entire staff, from doormen to housekeeping to the restaurant/bar staff in the downstairs. The bar and restaurant was also really nice and had an sophisticated and updated but comfortable atmosphere. The rooms were not huge, but had sufficient space (and it's not like you travel someplace so you can just sit in a room anyway), and were very clean. It seemed like everyone was there to make sure you enjoyed your stay. They even went out of their way for me a couple times, which I didn't expect. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in a "Luxury King" room - again this was not a huge room, so I suspect most rooms...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Kswilson770

While disappointed that we didn’t receive ‘5’ stars, we are thrilled to have earned your loyalty- there is no better complement! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

On arrival from New York last year, we were given an upgrade to our room as it was not ready so for a small fee we got a massive suite with a massive bed and brilliant facilities.

Service was brilliant from breakfast, concierge and bar all well worth a second visit. Location of hotel was good and close to metro, shopping areas.

Highly reccomended.

Room Tip: Our room did not overlook street and was very quiet.
Green Features: Uses best practise in terms of minimising waste.uses all possible methods to reduce waste and energy conservation.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andy K,

Thank you very much for your post! If you loved us in September, prior to our renovation, you will really love us know having completed a $12 million renovation including guest rooms, lobby, bar and restaurant! We hope to welcome you back soon!!
Skokie, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just got home from a wonderful weekend in Boston made even better by our stay at Loews. This was our first stay and we will definitely be back. We always stay at the same boutique hotel in Copley Square, but, since it was Marathon weekend, our usual place was booked. We stayed in a room with a king bed and our kids were in a room with 2 queens. Both were spacious and very comfortable. The beds, bedding and pillows were very comfortable and we all got good nights' sleep. There is a nice bar/restaurant in the lower level with a nice outdoor area with couches and big comfy chairs. We ordered a few appetizers and drinks, and everything was good and the waitresses and bartenders were on the ball. The hotel staff was also helpful and professional. The only thing I like better at our former boutique hotel was the Lindt chocolates on our pillows.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cathy l,

Thank you for the great review of your experience…what a treat to read and I am thrilled that we have earned your loyalty! Our patio space outside the bar and restaurant is very special and following our renovation, the increased and much more comfortable seating is a great addition! Most importantly, I am very happy to hear that our service delivery met and perhaps even exceeded your expectations. And when you come back, I promise to have chocolates on your pillow if you email me at john.maibach@loewshotels.com. Consider it done! I look forward to welcoming you soon!
cheshire
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here last week for 5 nights with two kids
Hotel has just been revamped and they've done a great job
Rooms are really relaxing- stayed on 8th floor in two double bed room
Decided to have breakfast at restaurant there every day after great experience there on first day
Lobby lounge area has slightly odd name but is really relaxing and the free coffee machine there makes it easy to grab a take out coffee
Location is great for accessing sights- we walked everywhere during our stay after we had done the trolley bus excursion!
However what makes hotel really great is the staff- they were without fail friendly and helpful.If all hotels had such great staff staying away would be so much better.

Room Tip: I don't think second floor has been renovated so go for level above that
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank happymotherCheshire
happymotherChesire,

We greatly appreciate the time you took to share you experience and I am so happy to read that we exceeded your expectations. We are ecstatic with the results of our renovation and feel as though our product is as good as anyone’s…from the ‘Apothecary’ (the area off the lobby where we offer the complimentary coffee, tea, Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte…) to Precinct Kitchen + Bar to our guest rooms, we couldn’t be happier with the result.

However, while we have worked tremendously hard on improving the product, we have worked even harder on improving the guest experience. We recognize the renovation may attract you the first time, but it is our service delivery that will earn your loyalty and I am so pleased to read we have done so!

Thank you very much for recognizing our efforts and I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Please let me know if I may assist in the future, I can be reached at john.maibach@loewshotels.com, and we look forward to welcoming you soon!