“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

On arrival from New York last year, we were given an upgrade to our room as it was not ready so for a small fee we got a massive suite with a massive bed and brilliant facilities.

Service was brilliant from breakfast, concierge and bar all well worth a second visit. Location of hotel was good and close to metro, shopping areas.

Highly reccomended.

Room Tip: Our room did not overlook street and was very quiet.
Green Features: Uses best practise in terms of minimising waste.uses all possible methods to reduce waste and energy conservation.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Andy K,

Thank you very much for your post! If you loved us in September, prior to our renovation, you will really love us know having completed a $12 million renovation including guest rooms, lobby, bar and restaurant! We hope to welcome you back soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Skokie, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just got home from a wonderful weekend in Boston made even better by our stay at Loews. This was our first stay and we will definitely be back. We always stay at the same boutique hotel in Copley Square, but, since it was Marathon weekend, our usual place was booked. We stayed in a room with a king bed and our kids were in a room with 2 queens. Both were spacious and very comfortable. The beds, bedding and pillows were very comfortable and we all got good nights' sleep. There is a nice bar/restaurant in the lower level with a nice outdoor area with couches and big comfy chairs. We ordered a few appetizers and drinks, and everything was good and the waitresses and bartenders were on the ball. The hotel staff was also helpful and professional. The only thing I like better at our former boutique hotel was the Lindt chocolates on our pillows.

Dear Cathy l,

Thank you for the great review of your experience…what a treat to read and I am thrilled that we have earned your loyalty! Our patio space outside the bar and restaurant is very special and following our renovation, the increased and much more comfortable seating is a great addition! Most importantly, I am very happy to hear that our service delivery met and perhaps even exceeded your expectations. And when you come back, I promise to have chocolates on your pillow if you email me at john.maibach@loewshotels.com. Consider it done! I look forward to welcoming you soon!
cheshire
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here last week for 5 nights with two kids
Hotel has just been revamped and they've done a great job
Rooms are really relaxing- stayed on 8th floor in two double bed room
Decided to have breakfast at restaurant there every day after great experience there on first day
Lobby lounge area has slightly odd name but is really relaxing and the free coffee machine there makes it easy to grab a take out coffee
Location is great for accessing sights- we walked everywhere during our stay after we had done the trolley bus excursion!
However what makes hotel really great is the staff- they were without fail friendly and helpful.If all hotels had such great staff staying away would be so much better.

Room Tip: I don't think second floor has been renovated so go for level above that
1 Thank happymotherCheshire
happymotherChesire,

We greatly appreciate the time you took to share you experience and I am so happy to read that we exceeded your expectations. We are ecstatic with the results of our renovation and feel as though our product is as good as anyone’s…from the ‘Apothecary’ (the area off the lobby where we offer the complimentary coffee, tea, Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte…) to Precinct Kitchen + Bar to our guest rooms, we couldn’t be happier with the result.

However, while we have worked tremendously hard on improving the product, we have worked even harder on improving the guest experience. We recognize the renovation may attract you the first time, but it is our service delivery that will earn your loyalty and I am so pleased to read we have done so!

Thank you very much for recognizing our efforts and I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Please let me know if I may assist in the future, I can be reached at john.maibach@loewshotels.com, and we look forward to welcoming you soon!
Suresnes, France
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Located in the former police station building, the hotel is situated at the heart of the city. Many restaurants and malls including the sumptuous Apple Store are just a stone throw away.

The origin of the building explains the weird configuration with an unusual minimal lobby one level upper than the street.

The rooms are quite spacious and the mattress comfortable. Free wifi is provided.

What concerned me much during my stay are different problems that are hardly acceptable for that kind of hotels class.

First, the room was VERY noisy because of the traffic and the works all around. It seems that the windows isolation is insufficient. I had to sleep with ear plugs!

Then, the corridor's light slide under my room door, illuminating my room and leading me to wear a mask.

The breakfast is basic, expensive and the waiters are not particularly agreeable.

Last but not least, parking is a block away and will cost you a fortune.

There are much better choices than the Loews in Boston especially in that price range!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank THIERRY C
Dear THIERRY C,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges we had in accommodating you during your visit. I am very disappointed we were not able to satisfy what are very simple expectations. While disappointing to read, your feedback is invaluable for us as we strive to be the Boutique hotel of choice in the Back Bay. I will be sure to share your experience with my team so they understand how we can improve our delivery. As I do not have your contact information, feel free to email me directly at john.maibach@loewshotels.com so I may apologies to you personally.
switzerland
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed at the Loews just for one night, getting rid of my jet lag and before some intense business meetings.
Great location and great staff. Enjoyed the quality of the bed. Room was nice an spacious. Bathroom clean.

Room Tip: Higher up seems to be less noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KAECH
Dear KAECH,

Thank you very much for the short and sweet review, much like your one night stay! Having 31 hotel reviews, you are certainly well traveled and we appreciate the 5 Star review! We hope to see you again soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our family recently stayed for 3 nights at the Loews Boston finishing up a family trip to New England area for a 70th and 90th birthday celebration. The recent renovations were outstanding, but more importantly was the amazing, courteous service the staff provided to my entire family. The restaurant actually reopened the day we checked in and the food and service were both incredible. My two boys, Age 11 & 9, told us that when we went back to see their cousins, that they wanted to stay at Loews.

1 Thank Mark L
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited here for three nights as a birthday present for my son.
From start to finish I couldn't fault the hotel and staff.
All staff were so friendly and helpful the location was perfect.
The room was spacious and clean just what I ordered. Will use again if I visit Boston.

Stayed April 2014