“Amazing hotel experience,you won't regret staying here.”
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Amazing hotel experience,you won't regret staying here.”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

The Loews Boston is a fantastic property that accomplishes being both elegant and cozy. Apart from being aesthetically stunning, the hotel has great character and history as it was the original police headquarters, for all you history buffs.
More importantly, the service was impeccable. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping was incredibly friendly and helpful.
The location, no matter if your in Boston for business or on vacation, is perfect. You are in the heart of great food, shopping and site-seeing.

They will be opening a restaurant/bar below the hotel called "The Precinct" that promises to be as equally stellar as the rest of the hotel.

You won't regret a minute of your stay. Highly recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
You are so correct…we are very fortunate to have a building with the character and history as ours does! Having been the Police Headquarters for 70 years, it’s a shame our walls can’t write a memoir as I am sure it would be a best seller!

We are very thankful for the very kind words. We post all of our reviews on our Communications Board for our Team Members to see and we will be sure to share this one. It is important for our team to understand how their performance can impact one’s visit so we greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

If I may be able to assist in the future, I can be reached at john.maibach@loewshotels.com. I look forward to personally welcoming you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the Loews for four nights and absolutely loved it. It rained in Boston pretty much all 5 days, but coming back to our super comfortable and cozy hotel room made all the difference in our stay.
The rooms were perfect. We slept like babies with those extra fluffy pillows and nice comforters. You can adjust the temperature in the room to what you like so we were always comfortable. The bathroom was super chic. everything is recently remodeled and new. The hair dryer is legit and so are the bathroom products. Best shampoo and conditioner I've ever tried from a hotel, none of that cheap stuff. I had silky soft hair all week.

We stayed in a room with two double beds and there was plenty of room for us to move around. Large TV with HBO and movie rentals available were nice. We had a keurig in the room to make fresh coffee.
Room service was fast and all the employees were incredibly polite, especially accommodating for our large group of friends who also stayed there. They got cabs for us so w wouldn't have to stand in the rain.The location was perfect for hitting up all the local Boston things one must do, whether walking or a short cab ride, we were never far from where we needed to go.
(Also, there' a Reebok CrossFit gym right down the street within walking distance!)
The staff was always very polite and ready to help.The lobby is beautiful and the restaurant downstairs is gorgeous. ATM is available anytime in the hotel. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and very fast. Checkout was painless. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and without trouble.

Cant wait to go back! We will def. be choosing the Loews anytime we're in Boston. Would HIGHLY recommend,

Room Tip: The rooms with the two double beds were very spacious. Two people slept very comfortably in one bed...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Wow, Luisa A! I am not sure where to start! How about THANK YOU for a great review! You truly touched on every aspect of your stay and we can’t thank you enough for taking the time to share it! It is very gratifying to read that our entire offering met with your approval and even exceeded your expectations. The best compliment for a General Manager to hear is that we have earned your loyalty…and that the bath amenities were outstanding!

I will be sure to post review on our Communication bulletin board for all of our team members to see.

Thank you again for your review and please feel free to contact me directly contact me in the future whenever you may be traveling back to Boston at john.maibach@loewshotels.com. It would be my pleasure to assist and I look forward to meeting and thanking you in person in the future.

Oh, and believe it or not, there are actually TWO Cross Fit locations within 200 yards of our front door!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The renovation of the rooms is excellent, and they have done a lot with an older building. The staff are extremely well trained and accommodating. There is a sense of calm and welcome absent in many of the other newer hotels. The location at the Boston Common side of Back Bay makes using the T easy. It was a 5-6 minute walk to the Red Line... I was able to get to Harvard Square in 15 minutes with the T. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Low building so no real views, but ask for exterior
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Exline,
We greatly appreciate your very gracious review! Our team works very hard to ensure the comfort of our guests and I am very thankful for you taking the time to share your experience and specifically noting their performance. Obviously the location is perfect and after $12 million renovation, the product is fantastic; so we have spent a significant amount of time working with our team as we realize our service delivery is paramount to earning your loyalty- not the Apothecary with its nine panel flat screen video wall and library table or the 46” Smart TVs in every room. These 'bells and whistles' may catch your attention and encourage you to stay with us initially but its our staff that will earn your future business.

I will certainly share your review with our entire team. Thank you very much for posting on TripAdvisor!

If I may assist in any future travel plans to Boston, please let me know. I can be reached at john.maibach@loewshotels.com. Thank you !
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at this Loews and it was great! The rooms,lobby, staff and service was above and beyond. My wife and I will definitely be returning and can't wait to try the new restaurant Precinct!

• Stayed March 2014
Dpavao77,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and it was a pleasure meeting you in the lobby as we were able to put the Bruins game on our brand new nine-panel video wall for you and your wife! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your visit to our property and that you approve of our renovation. Precinct Kitchen + Bar opened the day after you departed, on March 31st, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review!
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Did not actually stay at this property, however requested a "special" amenity for a guest. Hotel went far beyond the norm....
When you find a hotel that will treat a nonpaying guest this way, you can be assured that someone staying at the property will be treated the same if not better! I was very impressed and certainly will not forget their thoughtfulness and attention to my request. Kudos to all the staff and management of the Loews Boston Hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Cheryl M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience. I am thrilled to hear that our team was able to handle your request seamlessly and efficiently. As we have completed our renovation of guest rooms, public space and restaurant/bar, we hope to have the opportunity to visit you soon so you can experience our service delivery in person!

Please email me at john.maibach@loewshotels.com if I may assist in any way.
dundee
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

bar and restaurant not available to guests but open for private functions on saturday and sunday last weekend guests should have been informed of this at time of booking . positive to come out of this was the bar and restaurant from the park plaza hotel was superb so any future trips to boston will be spent here

3 Thank fergieDundee
fergieDUNDEE,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Following the renovation of our restaurant and bar, we had a ‘soft opening’ weekend in preparation of reopening. While we did have the re-opening date posted on our website on the restaurant page, we obviously should have done more to ensure our customers were aware. I am very sorry that this negatively impacted your experience and please accept my apologies for not informing you prior to your arrival. If I may assist further, please contact me at john.maibach@loewshotels.com.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here July '13, and enjoyed four nights at the hotel, using a prepaid voucher, bought via our travel agent in the UK. We doubly queried their policy on checking in as they insisted we had two double rooms, as opposed to the quad room our voucher was for. The front desk insisted that we would not be charged. We also queried it after checking in, and on settling our bar bill on checking out. There would be no cost for the second room - it was their pleasure. SEVEN months on, we have been charged £630 via our credit card. It's currently in dispute, but despite repeated contact with the hotel, via online, and on the phone, we have still had no explanation from the hotel. Still waiting for an outcome Loews ... I'm a BBC journalist, and have come across many rip off stories. Here's another one, it seems...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family