“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and it was beautifully done. Very tasteful, contemporary but doesn't feel like it's trying too hard or to be something it's not. Also, there was great attention to detail, such as plenty of outlets, the channel guide wrapped around the remote to the TV (never saw this before and thought it was genius). Also, I loved the safe as it had a shelf. So, I could put my laptop on the bottom of the safe and my keys and such on the shelf, as opposed to putting all those items on top of the laptop and constantly shuffling things around. Again, a small detail that made a noticable difference. Also, the desk was very functional for working and there was still plenty of room around the bed; the room was really the perfect size.

The lobby was also beautifully done, with a very nice flow and feel to it. Love the lounge area as well, which was both very comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. The restaurant and bar was still being renovated so didn't get a chance to see it, so cannot comment. I think it opens middle of March.

Of course, the locations is top notch. You're only a block or two from Boylston street.

Overall, a great stay, a beautiful renovation and first-rate location. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Daknyc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had a wonderful experience during my stay this past weekend. Their renovated room was well done and big size bathroom.

My check in and out experience was quick and smooth as well as my Room Service order.

The heated towel rack made a difference after getting out of the shower - warm towel is a nice touch.

I recommend the Loews Boston Hotel and I can wait to see their finished product !!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 8th floor but I had an interior view so noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Jaz13
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Jaz13,

Thank you very much for the kind comments. We are thrilled that our ‘new look’ exceeded your expectations! With our renovation winding down and fully completed by March 10, as we like to say – if you like us now, you’ll LOVE us very soon!

We hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Traveled to Boston on a last minute work trip. Decided to stay at the Loews since I had heard it was recently renovated and the reviews were excellent. I was not disappointed. As a member of their frequent guest program, I was upgraded at check in. Front desk stay was very kind and personable. They let me know about the complimentary email and details about the speed in case I needed to upgrade to their premium service. For email, the standard service worked perfectly fine. I received a phone call from the GM asking how my stay was going, which was a very nice touch and made me feel even more welcomed. The room was perfect, great shower, comfortable bed, good work space and sitting area. Very walkable area, close to the mall and some upscale shopping and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel for business and leisure travelers alike.

Room Tip: I took the train in from Boston Logan and it was an easy walk to the hotel from the train station. 3...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Daniel S
Dear dsenden,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate the kind words and I will be sure to share them with all of our Team Members. I am very pleased to hear that our newly renovated rooms made a great impression. With just our restaurant still out for renovation until March 10, we are very excited to share our great new product with all of our guests- especially our Apothecary, or new lobby space, featuring a nine-panel video wall and a library table for those who just want to get out of their room and stay connected!

If we may assist in your travels on your next visit, please feel free to call on us directly. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights before New year's eve. The staff is so friendly, enthusiastic, and accommodating. The rooms were in great shape and well appointed. The bathroom was huge, with a separate shower. I loved the keurig in the room, and the bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept on.
When we checked in we were early and our room was not ready, which was not a problem for us since it was before check in. We only had to wait 5 minutes, but the staff sent us a bottle of wine and a cheese platter for the inconvenience.
One negative is I wish I had known the restaurant and bar were closed and that the hotel was undergoing renovations. I had no idea loews recently purchased it, and it said nothing on the website. We were still able to get room service, the food was really delicious.
A couple things that could be improved are definitely the air conditioner. It was loud and was constantly turning on and off in the middle of the night. The water pressure in the shower wasn't great either, and the doors could use more sound proofing. The hotel itself is beautiful, and the staff more than made up for the negatives. We can't wait to go back to the hotel when the renovations are complete!

1 Thank Ktlyn615
Dear ktlyn615,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience! While I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall, I do thank you for sharing some opportunities for us to improve.

Yes, the restaurant and bar has been closed for renovation since December 17 and my apologies to you that we did not communicate properly. Precinct Kitchen & Bar opens on March 10 for breakfast and March 14 for all three meals including the bar area. A complete departure from Cuffs and Stanhope Grill, this space is sure to make a great impression and we cannot wait to unveil it to the public. Think speakeasy, craft cocktails, classic Americana fare with a New England twist…our team can’t wait to share this great concept with our guests and locals!

I also appreciate your comments about the air conditioning and sound proofing. Please accept my apologies. While difficult to read, it is important for us to understand where we fell short of meeting your expectations.

We do hope to welcome you back soon. In that regard, please contact me directly at john.maibach@loewshotels.com so I may personally tend to your reservation.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at the Loews Boston a few days ago and I enjoyed my visit. They are currently renovating the property but I heard no drill or hammer throughout my stay! I can't wait to see the finished product. Everyone there was so kind and attentive- from the lovely front desk agent and bellmen to my room attendant and even the engineer I met in the hallway. My birthday was during my stay and they surprised me with a delicious amenity and the most beautiful card (signed by hotel staff) I've ever received from any hotel! I just about cried. Later the housekeeping manager stopped by my room to greet me and see if I needed anything: Employees are a reflection of their leadership and that's exactly what I saw- she was just as sweet and accommodating as my housekeeper!
The next morning I ordered the Crab cake Benedict- a MUST! To say that it was the best Benedict I've ever had is an understatement!! I literally cleaned my plate... In Room Dining was spectacular- every server was personable and warm:: I can go on and on about the Loews Boston, it is truly a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Tree0331
Dear Tree0331,
Wow…thank you very much for the glowing review…and, yes, please keep going! We are thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your visit and we greatly appreciate you sharing your experience!

First and foremost, thank you for allowing us to be part of your special birthday celebration! I will be sure to share your comments with our team as it is important for all of us to understand the importance of our service delivery and how we can ultimately impact future travel decisions. And, yes, Chef Olivier’s Crab Cake Benedict is fantastic!

I am thrilled that our renovation offered little to no disruption to you and I am most pleased to hear about our service delivery. We have been preaching to the team that a $12 million renovation will get many new guests to the hotel but 46” smart TVs, a great, new restaurant and bar, and all new guest room furniture won’t create loyalty to us and the brand. It’s the service we extend to our guests that will bring people back time and time again and for that very reason it is very satisfying to read how well our team performed.

Again, thank you very much for sharing your experience and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon…to a fully renovated hotel!
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here in May 2013. Was only there for a night for a meeting the next day. The location is great for pretty much everything. The restaurant is functional... food and selection is average. Of course business travellers are not looking for a las vegas casino and this place was quiet and really great to be able to walk and see some of the sights in order to get some exercise. Room was a good size and I liked the layout. My room did not have a great view but I think it would be hard to surrounded by other buildings and high rises.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

We loved this Hotel, great location. The rooms were lovely and very comfortable. The staff were very helpful. I would recommend a night in their bar we had a great night, the bar staff were lovely.
Overall we would defiantly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple