“Good location but dark/small rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Loews Boston Hotel
Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Good location but dark/small rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping and for visiting Boston (the concierge was very nice and helpful), however I think there are better hotels in the area for the same price. I got a room on the second floor as I was told by the reception that I should have paid a supplement to be moved to a higher floor, the room was incredibly dark, small and quite old. It had a small window facing another part of the building and something very noisy (not sure whether it had to do with AC/heating). I could not sleep for the entire week. I think the hotel used to be a police headquarter/prison and this is probably why some low floors have such small windows and are so dark, it made me feel really bad. I stayed in the Marriott Copley place last year and had a better experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SL444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel and wished we had more time. The location is perfect for getting around, walking or driving. From the moment we drove up and throughout our stay all we experienced was polite, friendly staff eager to help. A special thank you to Henock who was warm and friendly. He was informative, suggesting places we should visit. Our rooms were large and spacious with a coffee making machine and free WiFi and because we booked two rooms one was upgraded as a special favour. Our bathroom again was large with a walk in shower and bath tub. The rooms were immaculate. I definitely recommend this hotel and will go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: No preference
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Saras P
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Spent there four days from 25 to 29 July 2013 to visit Boston MA.
The hotel is located in the back bay quarter and it's perfect as a base to visit the town of Boston.
It's a kind of luxury hotel but we got a very good rate for a family room. It's at a walking distance far from the Prudential shopping center and the metro station. You can decide to rent a bike or hop on a trolley tour bus to visit all the town.
Very kind staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DRASAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We just returned from a three day stay at the Loews in Boston and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend and I am verrrrry picky! The staff were one of the best I have encountered; warm, friendly and couldn't do enough. The room was lovely, not big but very adequate. I am very allergic and they went out of their way to accommodate my needs.
DEFINITELY RECOMMEND.
I never write reviews but we were impressed.

Room Tip: Not near the elevator. A/C a little noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Loews hotel in boston was our last stop of a whirlwind tour of both the east and west coasts over a three week period where we stayed in various types of hotel from the boutique to the budget.

The Loews hotel was a different class altogether. This was one of the best and most comfortable hotels I have ever stayed in. Located in Back Bay it is ideally suited for the traveler who doesnt want to drive being very close to the subway lines that will take you pretty much anywhere you want to go to in the city.

From our first steps into the hotel we were warmly greeted by every member of staff that we met and this continued during the length of our stay. A big thank you to needs to go to Heather the concierge who helped us weary travellers with some very sound advice on how to enjoy what for us would be a very short stay in the city.

The room was large with all the amenities you could expect including a coffee maker, large screen tv and fridge the bed was large and very comfortable. The bathroom was again very large with both a tub and a very large walk in shower. Bathrobes where also provided.

Whilst we were only there for the one day, I firmly intend to come back to Boston as it was a lovely city with very friendly people, and when i do I can guarantee you I will be staying once again at the Loews in Boston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paddywack41
Horley Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Loews Boston hotel is a beautifully presented hotel a stones throw away from the hub of Boston, within a small walk, the T is easily accessible.

The staff are very welcoming and I was made to feel at home.

My room was well kept, cleaned daily and the bed properly made each day. Fresh towels were available each day.
It was great to have a fridge within the room too, so I could store all my refrigerated goods with ease.

The bathroom was spacious and contained a low bath with a shower attached, again this was cleaned daily and very well presented.

Included in the price of the room, was free wifi and use of the business centre to print the boarding pass for the return home cot England.
Although I didn't have breakfast here, there was a wide selection of dishes available.

Overall a well run hotel with staff knowing their job roles and professionalism used throughout my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DeanioG
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a stunning hotel that is situated close to many attractions in Boston. The rooms are spacious and spotless. the staff are very friendly and helpful when you need advice on restaurants or just directional tips. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here if I am in Boston again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends