I was a frequent world business traveler from 1998 to 2008. So it's time to consume my frequent traveler's points for FREE vacations. I researched all four chains at Boston for my family vacation: Marriott (Marriott near Boston Harbor, Residence Inn, Courtyard at Tufts Medical Center, etc), Starwood (Sheraton, Westin, W, Four Point at the airport, etc), Hilton (Hilton at financial district, DoubleTree at Tufts Medical center, embassy Suite, 3 of the Hampton Inns, etc), and Hyatt (at the airport). This Hampton Inn offered the best value for my needs.
One of the reasons I chose this hotel is that the General Manager Philip Tucker interacted on this TripAdvisor site. So I exchanged emails with him and decided to give it a shot.
Pros (clean and best of value):
1. Hand-on friendly management staff (Every morning at the breakfast area, you will see Philip walking around, smiling and asking every guest about their experience, and he's ready to address it on spot.)
2. This is a VERY clean and newer facility throughout. It makes me feel this is almost a Hilton Garden Inn.
3. Free shuttles to airports and downtown tourist spots ( hotel to Prudential, Boston Common, Aquarium, back to hotel)
4. Free breakfast: pretty good for free breakfast. Guess the quality has improved after someone commented at this site in the past and Philip intervened.
5. Fairly convenient to Buses and Ts. This is the reason I chose this Hampton Inn versus the other two). You can get on 1 or CT1 buses and get to the Ts easily (Silver Line to Chinatown, Orange Line to Aquarium/Children Museum, and Green Line to Science center/Galleria/Charles River boat tour).
6. Swimming pool. It's a shallow one 3 1/2 feet. Great for my toddler daughter.
1. Front desk staff could smile more and be more friendlier compared to other hotels.
2. Shuttle driver wasn't consistently reliable on schedule. I talked to Philip and he started a sign-up sheets for shuttles. Things improved!!
3. Ambulance noise could be bad as the medical center ER is right across the street. Some guests commented previously. But it isn't bad for us at all, and it's just typical busy city noise like the NYC we stayed a week earlier. Recommend you get a higher floor and the opposite end from street. That's what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Boston Crosstown Center, next to Boston University Medical School, is a friendly and contemporary hotel with an urban vibe. The 175 room hotel features a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport and to Longwood Medical area. Amenities include complimentary breakfast, indoor dipping pool and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Hotel Boston
- Hampton Inn And Suites Boston Crosstown Center
- Hampton Inn Boston
- Boston Hampton Inn