“Great affordable place”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
Ranked #57 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Great affordable place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay that was affordable in price and close enough to walk to Fenway Park as well as close to the train. Complimentary shuttle was great and so was the complimentary breakfast. Clean and comfortable. Next to hospital so you might hear the occasional sirens. Friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Nick G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was pretty average. It was kind of pricey, but they were flexible and give us a little bit better of a deal. I have no complaints though, it was clean, and the facility was quite nice. My favorite part was breakfast. They have a fantastic buffet in the morning that comes free with your stay.

• Stayed May 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel offered a good price for my timeframe, so I stayed there. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was large (maybe a handicap accessible, so might not be typical) and clean. The hot breakfast in the morning had a nice variety and was greatly appreciated. There is no restaurant on the premise and no restaurants within easy walking distance - and it is not comfortable walking in this rather sketchy neighborhood, so food is a problem unless you plan your meals when you are in another part of town. There is a parking garage across from the property with a discounted rate for hotel guests. There is also a hospital across the street, so there were some sirens.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I was in the city to look for places to live as I will be relocated to Boston for a job. This hotel was in the perfect location to do that, due to the really easy access to the T. The 1 and 10 bus pick up/drop off within a block of this hotel and makes it easy to get to Back Bay, the subway, Southie, and many other places along the way. Some mentioned that the area is a bit sketchy, and this is a bit true but I stood at the bus stops at night alone as a female without any problems. Unless your comparison of sketchy is a residential suburb, this is a pretty normal for a large city. None of the people who were at the stops bothered me at all, and I never felt in danger as there are a ton of people walking back and forth. It was a bit noisy during the day, but I had no problems at night. It is also a block from a DD, sushi restaurant, and cumberland farms. A 10 minute walk would land you in the South End, so overall I think the location for the price was incredible.

The front desk staff was really helpful, and even called up to my room to see if I needed anything. The shuttle timing (not going to the airport at 11am) was a bit weird and since my flight left at 1:30pm, required that I call a taxi to make that flight. I wish they would just get two drivers so that they would have a shuttle around that time as well, would have saved me $25 but I think it is awesome that they offer it in general. The room was very clean and the cleaning lady made sure to check on refreshing items quite often. It also had a USB port next to the bed, which was so convenient.

The beds were comfortable, the pillows were terrible though. I wish I would have brought my own. The gym was very nice with an elliptical, kettle balls, yoga balls, a treadmill, an FTS, and a bicycle. They also offered free headphones, towels, and cold water. Overall I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you like being treated like trash then you should come here. If you want t to stay at a hotel where they will work with you and treat you like a person then you might want to stay somewhere else. I did not get any names of the rude staff, but pretty much every one I spoke to was rude (1 guy at night was really nice out of like 7 people from the reception). The hotel looked modern and clean, but the staff provided a terrible experience that I have not gotten in any hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

4 Thank Martin H
HamptonGMboston, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent visit. Please know that this not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you wil consider giving us another chance should you return to our area in the future.
Wells, Maine
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn at the start of May. Ive stayed before, so I had high expectations. I came to check in around 330, expecting my room would be ready since check in is at 3. Felica greeted us warmly, and told us it would just be a few minutes for our suite. This was kind of an inconvenience since we had just drove 5 hours from Maine and wanted to put our things away and settle in. However she offered us water and a snack and apologized for the wait. She was very helpful.

Once in our room, everything was great! We got great recommendations at check in for where to eat dinner and the shuttle was able to bring us right to the subway.

The hotel is in a good location if you don't mind using the subway. The shuttle is very convenient and it will bring you to a subway stop! We had no problems, and the driver was extremely nice.

I will be staying here again! The only thing I wish is that there would be on site laundry so I could wash my own stuff

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank babymansirius
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We spent just one night here , the room was clean , but a little on the small side , a great plus is that the beds were Queen ,that's always nice especially if u got to share ,the lobby was nothing to write home about , clean and efficient , but no bar or confortable sitting area to unwind before u go upstairs , hospital right across the street do u do get some siren noise , but it is only a. 10 min ride to almost anyplace worth going to in Boston , for under 200. Night I guess we will do it again. .... Maybe !

Stayed May 2014