“expensive but convenient excellent service!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
Ranked #60 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed twice at the Hamptons inn but I definitely have had a great experience each time. For me, it is close to where I need to be in Boston so the hotel location is prime. The beds are super comfortable, the walls are NOT thin, so great privacy and the service is great, not to mention the complimentary breakfast/dinner. I really appreciated the staff has been accomodating when things went wrong (vending machine ate our money, letting us check in a little later, or a lot earlier when I flew in for a red eye). I really appreciate the Hamptons a lot. The bathrooms are kind of dark and fluorescent lit and that would be my only complaint. Also the shuttle service saves you about 20 bucks but you do end up waiting a bit for it (the first time we waited 40 minutes, the second time I came, I waited 20-30 minutes). The stop for the shuttle is around the corner so it's very hard to find. When you call the front desk ask for very specific questions about where the shuttle stop is, otherwise it will pass by and you will panic, and you will run, which is what I did, in the frigid cold air for a wussy southern californian like me. OVerall highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank vyip
Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while we went to an open house for Northeastern University. It was close to the college. The room was clean, newer furniture and roomy. Breakfast was good too. Parking garage was close by and convenient. A little far from the city but a good value. Heard a few sirens, hospital is close by, but it didn't bother us. I would recommend.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very pleased with the hotel and staff. And we were within walking distance to all the sites we wanted to see in Boston. Two blocks from the bus stop when we didn't feel like walking. It was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We chose this hotel for the location (we were going to a Red Sox game) and pricing (we didn't want to pay for the pricier motels that are closer to Fenway). We were not disappointed. It turned out to actually be only 2 miles from Fenway and close enough to walk back after the afternoon game. We also walked back after dinner at the Prudential Center at night also. Yes, we did see some homeless individuals with questionable abilities, but it is a city and that is what you see in a city. The staff were very welcoming. Our rooms were spacious and very clean. The breakfast was your average Hampton Inn one and we availed ourselves of it quite happily both mornings. It was easy to get to and the parking was across the street. Taxis were always at hand and easy to catch. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I travel to Boston over 25 nights per year and whenever possible stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff at this hotel are excellent and always welcome me back. The complimentary breakfast and the free dinner at night are both excellent. The TV's could use a little upgrade, especially the reception of the NFL network, but other than that everyone at this hotel is extremely friendly and I always the general managers in the lobby, which is very comforting. I would highly recommend this hotel for any stay in Boston.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel and room were very nice, as was the complimentary breakfast. The staff was argumentative and couldn't seem to manage getting a taxi to the hotel by the requested time for any of the trips I made via taxi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

as usual, we were completely happy with Hampton Suites . . . this makes five years we have sayed at this property, and, five years of complete satisfaction . . . I can't imagine staying at another Boston hotel . . .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple