“Enlightening!”

Salumeria Italiana
Ranked #105 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: North End
Description: They will make a sandwich on fresh baked Italian with any meat they have in the case...
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Tours by Foot gave us a bit of an educational perspective at this place. Great stop with tastings of things I normally wouldn't have tried, like aged balsamic and unique cheeses. Bought some marinated mozz and octopus salad. So good.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Went there during a walking your. Had a sampling of the marinated mozzarella, was amazing. Tried the 12 yr old Balsamic vinegar, wow!!! My husband tried the octopus salad and loved it!!

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I grew up in Northern Italy. I've never been able to take my children back to Italy. My daughter and I ended up in Boston for a girls weekend and came upon this gem. Just walking inside sent my senses back 3,500+ miles to Italy. Then the gentle, but matter of fact, knowledge and service kept the line moving but made sure you got what you wanted. They also offered some samples to those trying to decide. Everything was delicious! All of their products were fresh and genuine.
As we were walking out with our tasty treats, we had the pleasure of speaking to the owners' (grand?)father. He made me feel as if I was speaking to my own Nonno. My daughter was just studying Italian at her university, so she enjoyed hearing it spoken. (She was embarrassed by it as a child-silly girl!) And like a true Italian gentleman, he complimented her youth and beauty...made her night/year!
As it turned out, we made it to Italy in the Spring, had lunch from a small grocery's deli one afternoon, and my daughter said, "This is just like Boston!".

2  Thank ryeholts
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Everything, from the crunchy bread to the freshness of the meats to the various dressing, was done to perfection. We had the Italian combo and the flavors meshed just right. No one flavor was overpowering. Our other choice was the caprese and that also had well balanced flavors. These are not huge sandwiches with meat busting out and dripping all over. These are well crafted, simple, flavorful, and satisfying. And they are all reasonably priced. Perfecto!

1  Thank HotRod_88
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have been coming to this grocery for years. There are shelves packed with all sorts of Italian goodies. Beautiful, unusually shaped pastas, rich olive oils, Balsamic vinegars, and a gorgeous meat & cheese selection. They also make sandwiches to go. On our visit yesterday, there was an elderly Italian gentleman sitting on a stool, and motioned for me to sit with him when we were on our way out. I almost wanted to, but didn't, and now I can't stop thinking about it. Please go to this place for an authentic Italian experience!