“Great Italian sandwiches”

Salumeria Italiana
Ranked #132 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: North End
Description: They will make a sandwich on fresh baked Italian with any meat they have in the case...
San Francisco
“Great Italian sandwiches”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Everything, from the crunchy bread to the freshness of the meats to the various dressing, was done to perfection. We had the Italian combo and the flavors meshed just right. No one flavor was overpowering. Our other choice was the caprese and that also had well balanced flavors. These are not huge sandwiches with meat busting out and dripping all over. These are well crafted, simple, flavorful, and satisfying. And they are all reasonably priced. Perfecto!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank HotRod_88

Boston, Massachusetts
“Love, love, love this place”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have been coming to this grocery for years. There are shelves packed with all sorts of Italian goodies. Beautiful, unusually shaped pastas, rich olive oils, Balsamic vinegars, and a gorgeous meat & cheese selection. They also make sandwiches to go. On our visit yesterday, there was an elderly Italian gentleman sitting on a stool, and motioned for me to sit with him when we were on our way out. I almost wanted to, but didn't, and now I can't stop thinking about it. Please go to this place for an authentic Italian experience!

Visited August 2014
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Reminds me of home”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Every time we go to Boston we make a stop at Salumeria. It's a wonderful store filled with fresh Italian meats and cheeses. It's the only place I shop when I want to make our favorite Italian dinners. As soon as you walk in you are hit with wonderful smells that remind me of home. If your looking for a Italian food store, This is a must stop!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank tb222
channnahon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Italy”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I've never been to Italy but I'm imagining that Salumeria would stack up with
any Italian store in Italy. Without refrigeration on the trip home, we were limited
with what we bought but had some great bread and bought some authentic
pasta that I can't wait to try. Lunch meat and cheeses looked fresh and in a
different setting I could have spent $165 like the couple before us did!

• Visited July 2014
“Antipasta”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Stopped to get meats and cheeses for an anti pasta. Staff was very helpful and the meats and cheeses were great. Will try the sandwiches next time.

Visited June 2014