“Worth a stop”

Salumeria Italiana
Ranked #104 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: North End
Description: They will make a sandwich on fresh baked Italian with any meat they have in the case...
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A trip to The North End of Boston is not complete without a stop at Salumeria to pick up their sandwich made with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella and trimmings with the best balsamic vinegar.
I usually buy several to bring home with me to VT...nothing even close here to compare it to. The breads are fabulous.
It's like walking back in time to go to this al deal of a delicatessen. You can't go just once...shop there once, you'll shop there again.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am sicilian so coming here was a real treat for me and my sons. We ordered salami and cheese sliced and just sat outside enjoying every bite of it. The owners let us taste various cheeses and salami's before we made our decision. My sons wanted to go here for lunch and dinner every day & still have my olive oil soap and my oregano from italy that I took back home to CA. It brought tears to my eyes when we sat outside and I heard an older local woman stand by us and have a 10 minute conversation to the employee working there and it was all in italian. I LOVED listening to them. (see them in picture) Reminded me of my grandparents. I only wish I could have brought home some olive oil and other things but we only had carry on luggage so if you are a tourist, don't forget you cannot bring a liquid over 3.5 oz. on board. I did consider the scene in I Love Lucy when she carried home the cheese disguised as a baby wrapped in blankets so she could bring it home to the states from her overseas trip! No seriously, I considered taking home a salami on my lap! If we had one of these places close by to my home here in CA. I would be in a lot of trouble. Thank you Salumeria for the memory of my grandparents and for providing a true part of Italy to me and my sons. They are still talking about that salami! Nothing compares to it!

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

The staff is amazing! I learn something new every time I'm lucky enough to be shopping at Salumeria Italiana. If you need to stock your pantry...go here...worth the parking ticket I got!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Spectacular. Simply an amazing selection of pasta, meats, cheeses, and - dio mio! - exquisite, delicious and rare olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Combine this with an outstanding staff of professional, knowledgeable, and passionate staff, and this is truly a gem of the North End. Need something extra special? They'll have it. If not, they can probably get it to you in a flash, and will even ship!

Don't forget to order a Panino. Fresh-cut ciabatta, fresh sliced mozzarella, basil, and Prociutto di Parma accented beautifully by 20 year aged balsamic. It is truly a heavenly sandwich.

And if you need the best Italian wines, just head down the street to V. Cirace and Sons.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a GREAT Italian deli. For lunch, we bought custom made sandwichs and antipasto and took it out. They were delicious and inexpensive. Their meats and other products are first class with a large selcection.