“Great Location! Super Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Location! Super Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2009

Great Location for Sightseeing, local transportation, and dining. What makes this Hotel unique is the incredible friendliness of the staff. They were always available for assistance, recommendations, and suggestions. I have stayed in many Marriott's around the World but never one where the staff actually acted as though they were glad you were staying at their Hotel. The location drives the price but this location was ideal for Boston University's Graduation, sightseeing, and dining. The Hotel definitely exceeded our expectations and added to a very restful and pleasurable trip to a wonderful City.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Korean first
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

I traveled to Boston for the first time with my boyfriend on Tuesday May 19. We stayed just for one night. We were in town for sightseeing, shopping and to go to a Red Sox game at Fenway. I chose this hotel because it was cheaper than the other options and seemed to be in a great location. We took the T from the airport and were able to find the hotel easily. It is about 3 blocks from the green line so it was convenient to the T.

We arrived around 10am. I had requested early check-in when I made my reservation. No rooms were available when I arrived. They stored our luggage and we returned around 3:30 and got our room. I requested a room on a high floor but was placed on the 4th floor. Our room was TINY! If I was traveling with someone other than my boyfriend, we would have had to switch rooms. It was even a little cramped with my boyfriend. If I was alone, it would have been fine. We had a king size bed that was almost pushed up against the windows. There was a small space to walk sideways between the bed and the windows. The TV was on the side wall so you had to lay sideways in the bed to see the TV and the person on the far side could barely see the TV. The bathroom was across from the bed about a foot away so if someone turned the light on in the bathroom while someone was sleeping, it was a bother. It appears that this hotel was not a hotel at one point so I think probably all the rooms are different sizes. We were in a corner room near the elevator, which we never heard. Also, there was no view. We overlooked a building and an alley. I will say the good points of the room was that it was very clean, the bathroom was a good size, we had plenty of towels and toiletries and the TV had a lot of channels. The bed was really comfortable, but I have yet to meet a Marriott bed that I did not like. We didn't complain about anything because we were only in the room to sleep and shower. I would have requested a different room if we were there for longer.

Both of the employees we encountered at the front desk and valet were really nice and helpful. They gave great directions. The hotel offered complimentary cookies upon check-in, and also complimentary snacks and beverages prior to the Red Sox game, which I think might be prior to every Red Sox home game. They also had a computer and printer which we were able to use for free to print our boarding passes.

The location of the hotel is the best part about it. It's in the Copley Square area. It's across the street from Prudential Center and the Boston Duck Tours, which I also recommend. It's around the corner from a large 24 hour supermarket. It's two blocks from the heart of Newbury Street. It's a long walk to Fenway Park, but doable. The weather was nice and we don't mind walking so we walked to Fenway and back. It's an easy walk, a straight shot. The subway can also be taken there. There was signs at the parking garage across from the hotel advertising Red Sox parking. I don't think there's many hotels closer to Fenway anyways. We walked back from Fenway around 11pm and felt safe. The hotel is in an area with a ton of other hotels and it was nice.

We did not eat at the hotel's restaurant but I looked at their breakfast menu. it was small but reasonably priced. Just a block away is Boylston St where there is a ton of bars and restaurants.

Check-out was fine, no complaints. They stored our luggage until we left at 7pm with no problem.

I would stay at this hotel again if I wanted to stay in this area again. The location was convenient and everyone was nice and everything was clean. I'd just switch rooms if I got another small one.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
So Cal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

Just stayed at the hotel. Went to Boston w/ Dad to catch a Sox game. Hotel great location. You can easily catch a trolley car that will drive you around the city. Also walking distance to hotels and stores. Room was fairly clean. Beds were a little firm, pillows were great. Overall decent rooms for the price. Don't eat at the restaurant. It's very convenient, but pricy. The food was poor at best. Walk a block or two and go to a real restaurant. The bellman and concierge were great and helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

I stayed here while attending a wedding and in celebration of my 6 month wedding anniversary.

We were given a nice corner room. It was clean but looked old and worn. The bed was comfortable. Our curtains were messed up and let in a lot of light - not the best when you are trying to sleep in.

We paid $300 a night plus $42 a day for parking. For not much more I feel like I could have stayed at the Ritz or Four Seasons.

The hotel is in a great location - an easy walk to most attactions.

I had been in Boston two weekends before and stayed at the Renaissance Waterfront hotel (which is owned by Marriot). It's a but further from the center of Boston but the price was almost $100 less a night, the rooms where cleaner and nicer. I recommed you stay there!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chapetx
West Hyannisport, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel twice, now, and I have found it to be a great location & value. It is tucked in between Copley Square and the Prudential Center, just a block or so from Boylston Street and the shops on Newbury Street. The desk help has always been friendly, courteous and helpful. The first room I stayed in was a king on the 8th floor. It was very tastefully decorated, had free internet, flat screen TV and a minifridge. The view wasn't great, but it was quiet. Everything looked clean and contemporary. When we called for extra towels, they were delivered. The room was always cleaned, even though we didn't leave our room until 2pm one day. We never tried the breakfast which is available downstairs until 10 or 11am. The second room we stayed in was a king, but smaller and not laid out as well. The view was of Exeter Street, but noisier. The bed wasn't quite as comfortable. All-in-all, it is an above average Courtyard and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AgentQ
short hills, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

Our family stayed at the Marriott Courtyard at Copley Sq in Boston over the last few days. Excellent location in the middle of the city with easy access to subways and buses as well as within walking distance of the shopping areas of Newbury Street.

The rooms are spacious and clean and the front desk staff very helpful and personable. They want to make your trip enjoyable and comfortable. Overall, it is a well trained team with excellent customer care. Great service.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Globaltravelers12
Stirling, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2009

Stayed 3 nights while visiting my kids who attend college in Boston. The lobby is small, nothing fancy, but clean. There don't seem to be too many people working at this hotel, just the front desk clerk and a guy to take your car if you opt for the valet parking.

The room I had was spacious and clean, with a nice sized bathroom. Mini-fridge was a nice touch, as was the coffee pot in the room.

There is a breakfast served, and it's ok, but seems a little pricey (buffet is $18). Walk over to the Lenox Hotel for amazing waffles, pancakes or french toast for about $15; or the Pour House pub on Boylston St. is open for breakfast; good meal for surprisingly cheap (less than $10 gets you pancakes, eggs and coffee).

Overall, if you need a clean good-sized room in a nice location in the heart of Back Bay, this place may have a good price; compare deals with the many surrounding hotels. But don't expect anything else. Parking across the street at Prudential is convenient but expensive. If you're willing to park a few blocks over on Westland Ave, you'll save $15 per day.

• Liked — Room was good size, clean, comfortable
  • Disliked — Rarely see anyone working there; late in the evening, you swipe in at the front door. Nobody at the desk.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ReadHere