“Amazing Location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ridgefield,CT
“Amazing Location”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We went to Boston for a 3 night stay with our 2 year old son. The hotel was in an amazing location and we could walk pretty much everywhere. It was close to shopping and dining experiences. The hotel itself was extremely clean and well kept and the staff was very friendly. The only drawback was that the size of the room was small for a king size bed and a pack and play, where my son slept. The bathroom was spacious and very clean, and the housekeeping was done in a very timely fashion. We would definately recommend this hotel for a great stay in Boston!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — No pool, rooms are small
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We had a great stay at Courtyard Boston Copley Square! The hotel staff was warm and inviting upon check in. Our seventh floor corner room had a king bed and a decent sized bathroom with a great shower! The location was close to everything including Boston Common and the Freedom Trail. Beacon Hill and Fenway Park were a short walk away along with the shops and restaurants of Newbury Street . The hotel is only two blocks from a "T" station which makes getting around easier if your feet are tired.
We would definitely stay here again while visiting Boston!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ustraveler100
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We booked two rooms at this hotel based on the good Trip Advisor reviews available at the time. The hotel is fine -- clean and convenient -- but nothing to get excited about. It took the staff about 30 minutes to check us in because 1)They said they had computer problems (but they checked someone else in ahead of us) 2) The lady who was helping us did not have full command of the English language and was trying to give someone on the phone directions without success 3) They just did not care very much. They also gave us a bad key and asked to reswipe my Amex 3 separate times, including after we we put our luggage in the room and came back downstairs. We were given two breakfast coupons for each room, even though we were paying for 3 people per room (which totalled $261 per room). Even after our unecessarily difficult check in experience we were advised that each additional person would have to pay $14.95 for breakfast -- which turned out to consist of the usual free type of continental breakfast you see everywhere. I made coffee in my room, ate a granola bar, and gave my kids the breakfast coupons. The other room got charged the additional $14.95 so they were not kidding. I will say the valet was great, and helped us get a very nice car and driver for our trip to the airport. Regardless, I would not stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Check in and breakfast surcharge
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Orange County, CA
Reviewed June 16, 2008

We LOVED this Courtyard. The location could not have been better. This was our first trip to Boston, we wanted to be in the middle of everything and this hotel is. Walking distance to almost everything. The staff was courteous and accomodating. Our room was spacious and comfortable- the bathroom was a good size and there was plenty of water pressure in the shower:) Exceded our expectations in every way. Definately worth every penny.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2008

This is an older building, but the rooms and bathrooms are a decent size, at least for one. Two people might get a little claustrophobic, especially if one is my girlfriend. The hotel is centrally located and easily accessible by T (Copley Station). Lots of places to eat nearby. I had a nice quiet room with bay windows, a king size bed, and a large bathroom - Room 605. It
felt like a nice quiet sanctuary after a long day's travel or work.

Front desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating, allowing me to check in at 11:00 a.m. on my first day. Unfortunately, that was partially offset on the last day by a failure to cancel my wake up call as requested - a pet peeve. Housekeeping repeatedly screwed up (didn't put away the ironing board, left water in the coffee maker from previous tenant, didn't replenish the packs of coffee, failed to clean the coffee maker - they must have something against caffeine).

Finally I never could figure out how to set the thermostat - there seemed to be only two settings - "on" (or "Arctic"), and "off". I left it off and was comfortable in early June.

I will probably stay here again when business takes me to Copley Place. I prefer staying here to the hotels which are physically located in the mall - this Courtyard seems quieter and less hectic.

Bottom line is the facilities are fine, but the service needs
work.

• Liked — centrally located, but quiet
  • Disliked — housekeeping
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Brian M
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Stayed here for 3 nights on business at the end of March/beginning of April. The first night I was in a room next to the stairs that was so small the tv was on the side of the bed (ie I had to lay in bed and turn my head to the side to watch it). Room window looked onto a brick wall, no fridge, the temperature control was broken and I heard the two heavy stairwell doors slamming all night. Beware the room next to the stairs! Staff was very accomodating the next day and switched me to another room immediately. Most staff was very nice and friendly, remembered me. My second room was much larger, window looked onto actual view, had a fridge, working temp control, etc. Much nicer. The hotel was very clean, pleasant enough though pretty generic mid-tier chain hotel. Thought the breakfast buffet was included but it costs $15. A little pricey. Go to Au Bon Pain or one of the myriad of other places near by instead if you want to eat quickly and more cost effectively. Free hi-speed internet access in the room (but not wi-fi) was nice to have.

Overall, perfectly fine but nothing to write home about.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — A little dated
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelGal401
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 28, 2008

The Courtyard by Marriott at Copley Square is located in the city center where there is lots to see and do within walking distance, including shopping, dining, city tours and entertainment. Metro is also just a couple of blocks away, which is a convenient way of getting around the city.

The hotel itself is a 10 story building, over 100 years old with lots of character and charm from the outside. However, rooms have been recently remodeled and are clean, bright and very comfortable with all the amenities you would expect from a 21st century hotel of this class. There is complementary internet access in every room. They also have an exercise room, but I have not been there during this visit. The hotel lobby is small but modern looking and clean, with a lounge area and large TV screen. The staff is friendly and checking in was a snap. There are also complementary daily activities at around 5 pm including chocolate, beer and tea tasting (a nice touch). Overall, I am very pleased with my experience at this hotel and highly recommend it to any one visiting Boston for either business or pleasure alike.

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Disliked — Nothing thus far but no onsite parking (they offer valet parking) or lacck of larger bar / restaurant onsite might be a limitation for some
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business