“Clean, Comfortable, Cozy and Quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Clean, Comfortable, Cozy and Quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I travel frequently and stay at Courtyard Marriotts when I can, because I'm a Marriott rewards member and use my points to stay at resort Marriotts for vacations when I accumulate a sufficient amount.

The Courtyard Marriott at Copley Square in Boston is the finest I have stayed in by far. It is the cleanest and most comfortable I have visited, and the staff could not have been more helpful, gracious, willing to assist and offer suggestions for fine dining and entertainment.

Especially helpful was a sparky young lady named Kathleen who is the concierge, and Caroline a desk clerk, who lent me her personal iPhone charger because I left mine at home.

I was in town from Miami visiting my son who is a student at the Berklee College of Music. The weather was freezing with snow, but the hotel was warm and inviting. It has a boutique feel with only a small number of rooms per floor. Each room is well appointed with modern decor and looks either new or newly renovated. The beds are clean, comfortable and warm. And the outside architecture maintains an older Boston original, while completely updating the inside.

The hotel is a block off Boylston Street, one of Boston's major commercial thoroughfares with excellent and famous restaurants like Abe & Louis' Steaks, Legal Seafood and Atlantic Seafood.

The chic Newbury Street is another block over with its hundreds of shops and thousands of students out shopping, drinking coffee and socializing. One place to be on Newbury is the Trident Book Store, where everyone meets for great breakfast, lunch and coffee, and to browse the latest books.

Finally, the room rates for the Marriott Courtyard at the time were about half the cost of the big convention Marriott around the corner, which looks imposing and impersonal. I give the Courtyard Marriott five stars and encourage those who can to stay there if the location fits your needs.

Room Tip: Top floor corner double is my favorite. Very little street noise and a good view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jbhesq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Korean first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this Courtyard several times and keep forgetting to write a review. But it really deserves top marks.

While this is a Courtyard the staff is much more like the service at a full serve Marriott. Everyone from the front desk to the valet and restaurant are top notch. Very helpful and friendly.

The rooms are comfortable. The hotel is an older building and therefore some rooms are smaller than typical Courtyards but they all are large for a downtown Boston location.

Many food options withing walking and shopping and even a grocery store across the street. I find it easy to drop off the car and walk to eat.

They offer both a buffet breakfast and a cooked to order. Prices vary, but for the money I always get the cooked to order. Always better.

There are a lot of nice properties in the city, but for price and location it is hard to beat. Realize you are in Boston so the parking is $45 which is par for the course. Deal with it.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank tsbjoe
Kathleen F, Manager at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Tsbjoe,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back with us again!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Boston Copley Square over MLK weekend. It was a beautiful 52º weekend. The hotel is in a great location, right in the center of Boston. We were immediately met by a gentleman who helped us with bags and took care of our vehicle. We had booked a suite, 2 Q and a sitting room with a Marriott Rewards special. Great pricing! The suite was a good size for a city hotel. Staff was great. Check out time was 12, but we were allowed a late checkout at 1, which was perfect. There were several things that didn't make this hotel a 5. The sofa in the room which could have been used as a pull out, was pretty nasty. The cover was stained and the cushions no longer had any substance. We pulled it out to possibly use it and the mattress was in horrible condition. So we covered the sofa with a blanket and used extra pillows from the bedroom on it. We wanted to watch a pay-per-view in the bedroom, since we didn't want to sit on the sofa, but the tv would not allow us to access a movie. So we went back out to the sitting area, and used the blanket and pillows on the sofa to watch the movie. Otherwise, the room looked clean and the hotel was pretty quiet. We would stay again, perhaps in a different room with a better sofa. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank duxy
Dear Duxy,

Thank you kindly for your review. We are delighted you were able to experience Boston in such perfect weather conditions! Please except our apologies for the state of the sofa in your sleeping room. We have since then replaced the pull-out sofa mattresses in all of our suites. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with us again soon.

Marblehead, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Originally I thought this was a good place to stay but I emailed and called that they not only charged me for water which I didn't drink but charged me for 2 days of parking and I was there less than 24 hours. Too bad they never returned my call and I'll be letting 1,000 friends on Facebook know this too

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Authorspurr
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

One night at this hotel which is quietly situated in a prime area near back bay, the public library and shopping of Prudential Center. The hotel is also very close to a very nice and large shaws market for groceries or whatever drink you like.
Why three stars? In spite of the comfort of the compact room and modern decor, the hot water was out when I needed my shower that evening. Apparently the boiler had gone down. Also, the perks afforded to Marriott gold/ platinum were limited, no breakfast, no bottle of water. Courtyard chain has always disappointed me in this regard, as comparable brands at other chains throw in something tangible and valuable into the mix. The small fitness center was tucked away in a stuffy basement room in case you dont get enough walking in.
I would likely return to this hotel however, the location is the key benefit for me. The price is reasonable as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank flipper95
Dear Flipper95,

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased you enjoy the location of our hotel. Please except our most sincere apologies for the lack of hot water in the evening. We have since then replaced the water heater in the hotel and should never encounter a service failure such as this again.

In reference to your review of our fitness center, when you visit us next please contact me directly prior to your arrival. I will have complimentary passes to Fitcorp fitness center (located at 800 Boylston Street at the Prudential Center) waiting for you and a guest at the desk upon check-in. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you with us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for my boyfriend's birthday, and every employee I talked to made me feel special. All of my special requests were handled with the utmost care and efficiency.
The room itself was awesome! It had an enormous bathroom, and an incredibly comfortable bed. The room had classic decor, but a modern set-up.
The hotel is in the heart of everything you would want to do in Boston, and is in a very nice, safe area even for being out late.

I will definitely be returning, as this experience was amazing.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Aasrielv
Dear Aasrielv,

Thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to share in a special birthday celebration. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with us again very soon!

North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We could not have been more pleased with our stay here. We go to Boston for weekends frequently but we usually stay in the usual large brand name places. The Courtyard is the perfect alternative. Quiet,very clean, and very updated! We had a small problem which was resolved very amicably. The location is perfect. The area has wonderful restaurants and great shopping. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Annie,

Thank you for your kind review! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with us again very soon!