Kimpton Onyx Hotel
$278
$238
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$291
$260
$328
$280
  • Pool
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
$299
$194
$172
  • Bar/Lounge
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor(Boston)(Great Value!)
$219
1,501 results
All reviewstd gardenruby roomthe north endportland streetfaneuil hallquincy marketwine hourceltics gameboston gardenwine receptioncomplimentary winewalking distanceau bon painrooms are smallmini bargovernment centerfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2007

I started out looking for a hotel that would allow me to bring my dog ...... I accidently found the Onyx after I had given up the search....

This is the third time I have stayed at the Onyx. After the first time I liked it so much that I joined their In-touch Loyalty Program (I've never been so impressed with a place to actually want to join any of their programs). From start to finish, every person that I met was friendly, knowledgable, and helpful!

I travelled to Boston last year on Memorial Day with my, then, 5 month old German Shepherd for the long weekend. My dog and I were treated like royalty! Boston is a super dog-friendly city and the dog went with me everywhere. When I went out at night for dinner, the staff dog sat and took Finnegan out for walks while I was gone.

I went back a second time last 4th of July for 3 nights and again a couple of weekends ago for 2 nights. Always the same level of AWSOME service! I've been HIGHLY recommending this hotel to all of my friends and family for a year. It's within a 5 min walking distance to the North End, Quincy Market, Freedom Trail, Beacon Hill, Boston Common, etc... North Station, the T, and Boston Garden is right around the corner.

Rooms are beautifully decorated, comfortable, and quiet. I've eaten dinner in the restaurant and ordered room service - very good.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank MDREMR
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I have no idea what people are saying when they give this hotel a 5. The staff is fantastic. So sweet and they work so hard. Everything else associated with this hotel is your run of the mill Howard Johnson or Holiday Inn. First of all, the shower was COLD. When I called to ask them about it, they replied "if you would turn on the sink faucet while running the shower, you'll get hot water". OK, well it worked - but what kind of hotel makes you do that to simply get a hot shower. The hairdryer in the bathroom was broken, the walls are paper thin and I heard doors shutting and opening all night. Very annoying. The rooms are SUPER small too. I know small because I live in New York, but this is ridiculous.
Look, I love staying at hotels but don't love spending alot of money. I like cute boutiquey hotels. And I am not a very picky person. This is fine to stay at. But do not think you're going to stay at a trendy upscale hotel. It's a clean Holiday Inn and worth no more than $150-175 a night.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank fogeo1977
Reviewed June 17, 2007

2 night stay in early June 2007 for business travel. My overall impression is staff is very friendly, however they need more training, because nice doesn't get the job done. My 1st night I order room service, food was not that great. 2nd night gave it another try - after 40 minutes I called the front desk - the man at desk said, oh, your food is on it's way up. Another 10 minutes later woman at front desk cld to tell me my food order had never gone in, they were very sorry, and it would be up in about 15 minutes and the dinner would be on the house. When my meal came, the server handed me the bill with the charges. I told him it was to be comped, he said no problem. The next morning the charges - even though I did not sign any room service bill - were on my checkout statement. I called down to have a credit and new statement issued which they gave me as I left. Each time I had to call, front desk was very polite, however the follow through on real service did not occur. Rooms were fine, place is very close the Garden. Neighborhood just ok, don't know if I would wander too far at night here.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank SBeg
Reviewed June 11, 2007

This was our first 'fun' trip to Boston...what a blast!

The Onyx was conveniently located and all of the attractions were in walking distance. The hotel staff was friendly and attentive. They went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. The hotel was very clean and the cleaning service was amazing...our room was spotless when we returned each day.

Nice wine reception...complementary with cheese and crackers each evening. Breakfast buffet available for charge. Rooms are not large but very 'hip' and the bed was FABULOUS!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveljh
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We stayed two nights on Memorial Day weekend 2007 in a King Deluxe. The great thing about the Onyx is that is a new, off-the-beaten path hotel with a modern, trendy feel to it. It is not a mammoth hotel (I think there are only 11 floors). It is perfect if you want a short walk to North End (Little Italy), the Waterfront, and to Fanueil Hall/ Quincy market, as well as Gov't Center, the Boston Common and Beacon Hill.

The hotel itself is looks brand new with a modern lobby, etc. We previously stayed at a Klimpton in Scottsdale AZ, which had a similar well-appointed touch.

The room we stayed in, on the 9th Floor in a King Deluxe, was modernly furnished, very new, and clean. The front desk and attendants were very helpful, friendly, and went out of their way to convey a friendly attitude.

Two other small items worth mentioning demonstrating the good nature of this hotel: First, upon arrival, the hotel was just ending its complimentary wine hour. After telling us that we had "just missed it", one of the hotel attendants later hand delivered a complimentary bottle of pinot grigio to our room. Second, after check out and on our trip home, we realized that we had inadvertently left our (expensive) memory-foam pillow in the room. We called the hotel, and it turned out that their housecleaning staff put it aside for us, and the hotel offered to ship the pillow to us promptly at no charge.

No regrets, except the $38 daily valet charge I thought was a bit steep.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple