$299
$237
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $292/night.

$235
$203
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $228/night.

$189
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$243
$197
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $282/night.

$207
$194
Hilton.com
Omni Parker House(Boston)
$233
$175
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

$311
$280
InterContinental
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $320/night.

$290
$259
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $367/night.

$296
$253
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $293/night.

$240
$234
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $307/night.

1,549 results
All reviewstd gardenruby roomthe north endportland streetfaneuil hallquincy marketwine hourceltics gameboston gardenyoga matwine receptionthe penthousecomplimentary winewalking distanceau bon painrooms are smallgovernment center
Reviewed April 1, 2006

I loved this hotel. Sure, the bar is a bit like a European hostel lobby - I'm a hotel bar afficianado and expected this to be much more swank and sexy based on the website - and has an unnecessary flatscreen TV playing, of all things, the Discovery Channel. But my room was a perfectly put-together little hideaway that was full of lovely little touches.

What the rooms lacks in physical size it more than makes up for in personality. I loved everything about it - the black wooden headboard and furniture, the red accessories, the petite red armchair, and the checkered carpet. Even the leopard print bathrobes make sense once you're there. The bathroom floor was so shiny you could see your reflection.

All of my requests were attended to promptly and with kindness. The staff are definitely great.

This hotel has atmosphere once you get into your room. Because of the size, it's best that you stay here with someone you really like.

Which reminds me...the beds are marvelous!

7  Thank ActionCat
Reviewed March 31, 2006

I stayed at the Onyx hotel for the St Paddy's day weekend. This was my first visit to Boston, and the first time staying at a Kimpton Hotel.
First impressions were great. We had a car, and were greeted at the front door by the valet, who quickly unloaded our luggage, and ushered us inside. The front desk was extremely helpful - at all times - and checked us in with efficiency, and asked if we had any questions or special requests.
The room was cool - very modern decor with red highlights. I can see how some might not like the decore, however it was to our liking. Loved the terry cloth leopard print bathrobes - lots of fun!
The location is excellent. Being St Paddy's day there were lots of choices of nightlife. The hotel is really centrally located to the waterfront and downtown Boston, and is also very close to the subway.
In all, we had a great first visit to Boston, and loved this hotel - I would recommend it to others.

4  Thank sjf123
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Overall, the hotel was okay. The rooms were funky and had some nice touches, like the aveda bathroom products. However, the rooms had a somewhat "seedy" feel to them. I stayed in a double double deluxe room and it was literally smaller than my walk in closet at home (RM 1010). If I was offered a smaller room, I easily could have been in a broom closet. The ruby room which is right next to the lobby has a cool bar but is very tiny. It certainly lacks ambience for having a nice dinner as the ruby room feels like a lounge. This was my first time staying at a Kimpton Property and for a hotel thats only two years old is looking a bit worn. The hallway carpets I assume are supposed to be "funky" but look like rugs you may see in a 2 star casino in las vegas. I assume this hotel is trying to cater to the "chic 30 somthing crowd" but is surely missing the target. This hotel is trying to have a "W" feel but are missing the bar completely. If you want a nice botique hotel in Boston, stay at hotel nine zero. I hope this review helps.

5  Thank BCMSW06
A TripAdvisor Member
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed March 21, 2006

My husband, myself, 2 teenage boys and our dog spent 3 delightful nights at the Onyx Hotel. As others have noted, the staff at this boutique hotel were superb. We were a bit nervous traveling with a pet but were greeted at the door by a "Welcome Willy" sign accompanied by dog biscuits and water! The boys had made an error when trying to watch a movie and the staff were gracious and non-judgemental in refunding the amount. The room decor was sumptuous, the bath products of good quality and the complimentary wine hour was a treat. As for the location, we walked every night and at no time did we feel our safety was compromised. Again, the staff were adept at suggesting walking routes, restaurants and the best way to exit the city! We would most definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2006

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Onyx in Boston March 10th through the 12th.

The reservations came from Priceline and being unfamiliar with the Kimpton brand we did not know what to expect. The hotel can best be desribed as a stylish/funky, upscale boutique hotel located between the North end (3 blocks) and the Fleet Center (2 blocks). The hotel was newer and immaculately kept.

The rooms are somewhat smaller than the usual "Deluxe" room size but we found the size cozy. Our room included a King Bed, entertainment center, desk, upholstered chair with a good sized bathroom. I was pleased that we were not assigned a "Priceline" room and the hotel was agreeable to providing a King bed in a non-smoking room.

The hotel offered a complimentary wine hour between 5 and 6pm, a pleasant experience we have not previously encountered. We tried room service and found the food better than most we have tried. I used the fitness room and complimentary computer in the business center, both were adequate.

Valet parking was $35 a night. Street parking really was not an option and nearby open air lots were charging $25 for a few hours for games at the nearby Fleet Center so by that measure parking was a bargain.

There have been some comments in past posts about the neighborhood with the opinion mixed. My observation is that most of the nearby buildings were given over the offices and after early evening the immediate 2 blocks around the hotel were fairly deserted. That being said, the nights we were there foot traffic to the Fleet Center was heavy and we had no safety concerns. We did not venture out past 9pm so I can't comment on late night around the hotel but if you had concerns the 5 block taxi ride from the North end would be miminal.

4  Thank MassGuy