$376
$254
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $334/night.

$209
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $298/night.

$360
$269
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $319/night.

$221
$292
$272
InterContinental
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $347/night.

$312
$280
Omni Parker House(Boston)
$339
$329
$351
$314
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $390/night.

$242
$209
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $306/night.

1,551 results
All reviewstd gardenruby roomthe north endportland streetfaneuil hallquincy marketwine hourceltics gameboston gardenyoga matwine receptionthe penthousecomplimentary winewalking distanceau bon painrooms are smallgovernment center
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed December 15, 2005

I just spent 4 days at the onyx and it was amazing. my mother loves to harass the front desk people for all kinds of services and they were great, VERY helpful and attentive. The rooms were really cool and clean. Totally worth the reasonable price and the area is kind of perfect, right by a major T line. I would highly recommend staying there!

Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 30, 2005

I spent four days at the Onyx and had a great time!

I loved the sexy decor. The room was spotless. The kingsize bed was heavenly and the shower plenty big for two people. ; ) Loved the Aveda products and the huge pedestal sink.

The staff was attentive and friendly. I didn't have any meals at the Onyx as there are so many wonderful restaurants in the area, especially the North End (I had some marvelous pasta at Giaccomo's).

I did not find the neighborhood to be 'run down' or unsafe-feeling as some of the other reviewers stated.

I would definitely stay here again with my boyfriend and highly recommend the Onyx for young (or young-at-heart) couples!

4  Thank RH35
Reviewed November 27, 2005

My boyfriend & I spent the night at the Onyx Hotel after attending a Boston Bruins game. The Onyx is featured on the TD Banknorth Garden website and we got a discounted rate for attending an event. The staff was very friendly, the room was gorgeous and very clean and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. I loved the leopard bathrobes! I really appreciated the friendly atmosphere of the staff and will make a return trip.

So convenient to the North end too.

4  Thank mtuna65
Reviewed November 13, 2005

The Onyx hotel in downtown boston was our choice of property probaly because we have had a preference for a Boutique contemporary operation, we Checked in to a very cold recpetionist who told us to fill out forms in regard to customer services on how we booked and the hotel, I told him we had just walked in the door and he just said NOW SIR. Having just got off a 7 hour flight, i was in no mood to argue the point a filled it out. we got our keys still no eye contact never mind a smile and went to our room, Quite a good room and was true to the oictures on the website when we booked, tastfully furnished but looking a little worn, Very little natural light.
Beds were comfy two double beds in the room and the bathroom was spotless with a generous anount of towels etc. This Hotel from start to finish is quite well run although quite small, It is the front line staff need a serious amount of training in customer services, the front desk staff are not only rude but do nothing to accommadate you for any request.

The prices this property charge are nothing close to the service you should be receiving, and i feel the |GM should take this on board.
We were paying as far as I could see 5 star prices having stayed in in over 100 hotels to date and recieving poorer service than a 2 star. (In fact the 2 star operators are more pleasent and will do their best to acccomadate guests?
Atitude is the key here, with staff having full scale conversations hanging out of the back office door whilst clearly ignoring you untill you have to excuse your self for the fifth time.

i feel if the staff were retrained or even fired at this proerty it would do quite well for itself. I thought I would never have had to feel like I am asking my 2nd grade a teacher a question again, but these people like atitude and do their utmost to enforce it. My atitude is if you don't like your job leave it especially if it is effecting your performance and those you are giving it to.

5  Thank houl
Reviewed November 9, 2005

I really like Kimpton hotels and Onyx was no exception. The room was spotless and modernly decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable. The shower was great and they provided Aveda products. The staff is really nice. There is a complimentary ride to the financial district in the mornings and a wine tasting (I couldn't make it to that) each afternoon.

I think that there are some people who would not like the neighborhood. It is near the Garden and there were a few unsavory people walking around, but honestly, I was approached by homeless people in many other neighborhoods. I thought the location was great. It is close to the North End, Beacon Hill and Faneuil Hall. The city is great for walking.

The only down side to the Onyx is the size of rooms. There were two people in my room for 4 nights and we used almost every bit of storage.

I would definitely recommend it and would stay there again.

5  Thank mcd63