$299
$237
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $295/night.

$189
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$235
$203
$243
$197
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

$202
Omni Parker House(Boston)
$233
$175
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $270/night.

$259
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $371/night.

$296
$253
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $284/night.

$239
$234
1,549 results
All reviewstd gardenruby roomthe north endportland streetfaneuil hallquincy marketwine hourceltics gameboston gardenyoga matwine receptionthe penthousecomplimentary winewalking distanceau bon painrooms are smallgovernment center
Reviewed November 27, 2005

My boyfriend & I spent the night at the Onyx Hotel after attending a Boston Bruins game. The Onyx is featured on the TD Banknorth Garden website and we got a discounted rate for attending an event. The staff was very friendly, the room was gorgeous and very clean and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. I loved the leopard bathrobes! I really appreciated the friendly atmosphere of the staff and will make a return trip.

So convenient to the North end too.

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank mtuna65
Reviewed November 13, 2005

The Onyx hotel in downtown boston was our choice of property probaly because we have had a preference for a Boutique contemporary operation, we Checked in to a very cold recpetionist who told us to fill out forms in regard to customer services on how we booked and the hotel, I told him we had just walked in the door and he just said NOW SIR. Having just got off a 7 hour flight, i was in no mood to argue the point a filled it out. we got our keys still no eye contact never mind a smile and went to our room, Quite a good room and was true to the oictures on the website when we booked, tastfully furnished but looking a little worn, Very little natural light.
Beds were comfy two double beds in the room and the bathroom was spotless with a generous anount of towels etc. This Hotel from start to finish is quite well run although quite small, It is the front line staff need a serious amount of training in customer services, the front desk staff are not only rude but do nothing to accommadate you for any request.

The prices this property charge are nothing close to the service you should be receiving, and i feel the |GM should take this on board.
We were paying as far as I could see 5 star prices having stayed in in over 100 hotels to date and recieving poorer service than a 2 star. (In fact the 2 star operators are more pleasent and will do their best to acccomadate guests?
Atitude is the key here, with staff having full scale conversations hanging out of the back office door whilst clearly ignoring you untill you have to excuse your self for the fifth time.

i feel if the staff were retrained or even fired at this proerty it would do quite well for itself. I thought I would never have had to feel like I am asking my 2nd grade a teacher a question again, but these people like atitude and do their utmost to enforce it. My atitude is if you don't like your job leave it especially if it is effecting your performance and those you are giving it to.

5  Thank houl
Reviewed November 9, 2005

I really like Kimpton hotels and Onyx was no exception. The room was spotless and modernly decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable. The shower was great and they provided Aveda products. The staff is really nice. There is a complimentary ride to the financial district in the mornings and a wine tasting (I couldn't make it to that) each afternoon.

I think that there are some people who would not like the neighborhood. It is near the Garden and there were a few unsavory people walking around, but honestly, I was approached by homeless people in many other neighborhoods. I thought the location was great. It is close to the North End, Beacon Hill and Faneuil Hall. The city is great for walking.

The only down side to the Onyx is the size of rooms. There were two people in my room for 4 nights and we used almost every bit of storage.

I would definitely recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank mcd63
Reviewed October 25, 2005

Stayed at the Onyx in mid-October for three nights. Arrived at 7 pm and found king room to smell of cleaning products and deodorizing machine running. Called front desk to complain and they immediately gave us another room, which was double/double but it was much larger than king, didn't smell and we weren't about to quibble because they were sold out during our stay. Ate a grilled chicken sandwich in the Ruby Room which was ok but not great. Next morning discovered Au Bon Pain across the street. We brought fabulous croissant and coffee back to the room each morning. Also had lunch at Au Bon Pain. Terrific Pumpkin Soup, ok sandwiches. Didn't see any scary people around hotel but were not out on street after 8 pm. Ate at Anthem an upscale very good restaurant a block from Onyx. Found Haymarket T stop to be close and very convenient. No complaints about desk staff, they arranged for "bridge" for internet access and got us taxis in minutes when we requested them. Location was great - easy walk or T ride to all top spots. Would stay at Onyx again, generally pleased with hotel. But not as nice as Hotel Monaco, a Kimpton hotel in Chicago, which was very impressive.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank Kat43
Reviewed October 25, 2005

Spent one night at the Onyx in mid-October, room was small but very clean and well appointed. I liked the bed. The bathroom was functional, but a little cold. For the most part a typical Kimpton Hotel. There is no HBO on the TV. There is free wine in the evening (for exactly 1 hour) but no cheese, etc. Front desk staff was OK but not overly friendly. The doorman was helpful with suggestions for places to eat and drink. One thing I will mention, when I booked the room I asked for a higher floor,away from the elevator -- I got just the opposite, lower floor right next to the elevator -- maybe it was because I was there only one night, but then again, I am a member of the Kimpton quest loyalty program??? I'm usually in Boston once a month for business and this is the first time I stayed at the Onyx. I may try it again -- not sure, it's hard to tell from just one night.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business