Kimpton Onyx Hotel
$386
$356
Agoda.com
1,514 results
All reviewstd gardenruby roomthe north endportland streetfaneuil hallquincy marketwine hourceltics gameboston gardenwine receptioncomplimentary winewalking distanceau bon painrooms are smallmini bargovernment centerfront desk staff
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were here to celebrate my husband's birthday and I cannot say enough about the fantastic level of service that the staff provided. Not only were we upgraded to a nicer room but they even provided a birthday cake and card! A really special touch.

The hotel is very close to the North Station Green Line so it is very easy to get here fom Logan on the T. The lobby had just been redone so everything was very up to date. The rooms are not huge as this is an older property but they are nicely appointed and very quiet for such an urban location. We didn't rent a car on this trip and had no trouble walking to Fanuil Hall, Boston Fine Arts Museum, Fenway, etc. Really nice central location.

We highly recommend this hotel and will definitely consider it when we are next in the Boston area.

Room Tip: A high floor keeps you above the street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michal P, General Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you so much for all the kind words and for recommending us! Its great to read that your stay was wonderful and that our location was comfortable for you.

Hope to see you amongst our guests soon,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Perfect stay: very good location, excellent staff, selection of newspapers, free early morning coffee in the lobby, all you need for a visit to Boston.
Valet parking available, but might take a while for the car to come back at peak times; weekend rates in nearby parking available

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for the nice comments - glad you enjoyed some of our amenities!

Best,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is nice, located close to the heart of downtown Boston. It only takes around 10 minutes walking to Fenuil Hall (Quincy Market), New England Aquarium, Neptune Oyster, Giacomo restaurants, etc. However, not all the staff was attentive. Amenities delivery was not prompt at all. Valet service was extremely poor - I had to wait over an hour to get my car.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear randyrp,

I am terribly sorry that your stay with us in July was so poor. I promise you that we have improved our service from amenity delivery to valet over the past few months. I hope that you choose to return to us, and if you do, please contact me and I promise to make sure you are well taken care of.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work. Might have been my state of mind, but nothing jumped out at me - nice little boutique hotel in a nice central area with nice staff and nice food. I'd recommend it and I'd stay here again if work told me to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013

Sounds like we didn't do much to wow you during your stay - so sorry for that. I promise we can do better, hopefully we can show you next time you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

we were in boston from phoenix for the red sox / d backs game 4 days ago with tickets in the green monster. our experience at onyz was exceptional.thanks to the staff ,getting assistance with taxis,the subway maze,directions to attractions was stress free.our room was beautiful and clean.the staff made our ballgame experience extra special .Thank you kayla and the onyx staff
Jack and Connie T.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jack t

Thank you so much for the review jack t.! I am ecstatic to hear that you had a great stay and that the team treated you well.