“Out of sight right in the middle of everything”
Review of Kimpton Onyx Hotel

Kimpton Onyx Hotel
Ranked #35 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Out of sight right in the middle of everything”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Needed to stay in Boston for a conference. I didn't want to stay at the usual locations, so I chose this hotel. I didn't know anything about it, other than it was near the TDBank Garden. Glad I stayed. The place is modern and hip with great service. I am tough on hotels and this one met all my needs and I look forward to returning soon

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MozC
OnyxGM, General Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Glad we met your expectations, we like tough graders! Thanks for staying with us!

joe.capalbo@onyxhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Serbian first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Whenever I book a Kimpton hotel I don't worry about the quality of the property and I anticipate a great experience - there are varying levels of comfort but this is the first time I've been flat out disappointed. The place is run down (furniture banged up, carpets are old and filthy - both the rooms and the common areas - and it smells musty). The service, as always is very good - friendly staff, seeking to provide a good experience - but they can't make up for the fact that Kimpton management has let this one fall apart.

Room Tip: Top level rooms have less noise from street traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lila24T
OnyxGM, General Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
This one hurts but your feedback is appreciated. We have plans to refresh/renovate our lobby this summer and to do our guest rooms later in the year so hopefully this will address some of your concerns.

Thanks again,

Boston
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel was a good base for exploring downtown Boston and near T stations if going further afield. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The Ruby room area was pleasant for drinks but I felt rather small for the number of guests using the hotel.
Complimentary tea and coffee am was appreciated as was the complimentary wine hour each evening,
No free drinking water in room was disappointing and the small bottle provided was $4 which i felt was outrageous. When paying a good amount to stay, a free bottle of water could be included!! The last hotel we stayed in was cheaper and provided all if the same facilities including plenty of bottled water........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thanks for the great review! I appreciate the feedback.

georgia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Onyx is a boutique type hotel in a great location. It is right around the corner from TD Gardens and a short walk to the Quincy Market and the Freedom Trail. The staff was friendly and helpful in providing dining recommendations and directions when needed. The only down side was the room was a bit cramped, but the location and service more than made up for it. Although I wasn't traveling with a pet, this is a very pet-friendly hotel judging by the number of dogs I encountered in the lobby. They even have a bowl of water and a blackboard with their "pet guests" names on it. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay in Boston!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OnyxGM, General Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for the great review and feedback!

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I chose the onyx based on the reviews and the location as me and my wife went to see P!nk at the td garden. What an amazing location,close to faneuil hall,and the td garden,as in minutes.

We had email contact with Dava inquiring about parking etc etc ,fast response to all.

Dava made an already fantastic night out "Magical" I would highly recommend the onyx,pricey but worth the memories, Dava and the staff were exceptional.

If you are thinking about this hotel ,don't, just book it! You will not regret it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 770steves
I am glad you chose us and and even more thrilled that your stay was "magical", I will make sure Dava is recognized for the great service.

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

New York
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Awesome hotel and great customer service. Favorite thing about Kimpton's is they are pet friendly so it makes it easy and stress free when bringing our little guy with. The manager e-mailed ahead of time and asked if there was anything he could help us with before our stay or any special requests. Wine HH is a nice extra. We will return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for choosing our hotels when you travel and glad we made you and your little guy feel right at home!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Loved this place! Great location, funky decor, friendly & helpful staff... My amazing experience started about a month before our visit when I emailed the GM. I never thought I would even get a reply. Not only did I get a reply, but it was a quick response with lots of detail! Thanks Joe! You are awesome :-)

I can't believe you had a room ready for us at shortly after 9am! How fabulous! That never, ever happens and we really appreciated that. We also thought the wine and snack tray was an extra special touch...

Thanks to everyone at the Onyx for making our short stay a perfect one!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Glad you had fun, we think you are pretty awesome too! Thanks for choosing the Onyx for your trip to Boston!

Thanks,