“Quaint Hotel in a Great Location”
Review of Kimpton Onyx Hotel

Kimpton Onyx Hotel
Ranked #33 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
georgia
“Quaint Hotel in a Great Location”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Onyx is a boutique type hotel in a great location. It is right around the corner from TD Gardens and a short walk to the Quincy Market and the Freedom Trail. The staff was friendly and helpful in providing dining recommendations and directions when needed. The only down side was the room was a bit cramped, but the location and service more than made up for it. Although I wasn't traveling with a pet, this is a very pet-friendly hotel judging by the number of dogs I encountered in the lobby. They even have a bowl of water and a blackboard with their "pet guests" names on it. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay in Boston!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OnyxGM, General Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for the great review and feedback!

joe.capalbo@onyxhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Serbian first
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I chose the onyx based on the reviews and the location as me and my wife went to see P!nk at the td garden. What an amazing location,close to faneuil hall,and the td garden,as in minutes.

We had email contact with Dava inquiring about parking etc etc ,fast response to all.

Dava made an already fantastic night out "Magical" I would highly recommend the onyx,pricey but worth the memories, Dava and the staff were exceptional.

If you are thinking about this hotel ,don't, just book it! You will not regret it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 770steves
I am glad you chose us and and even more thrilled that your stay was "magical", I will make sure Dava is recognized for the great service.

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

New York
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Awesome hotel and great customer service. Favorite thing about Kimpton's is they are pet friendly so it makes it easy and stress free when bringing our little guy with. The manager e-mailed ahead of time and asked if there was anything he could help us with before our stay or any special requests. Wine HH is a nice extra. We will return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for choosing our hotels when you travel and glad we made you and your little guy feel right at home!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Loved this place! Great location, funky decor, friendly & helpful staff... My amazing experience started about a month before our visit when I emailed the GM. I never thought I would even get a reply. Not only did I get a reply, but it was a quick response with lots of detail! Thanks Joe! You are awesome :-)

I can't believe you had a room ready for us at shortly after 9am! How fabulous! That never, ever happens and we really appreciated that. We also thought the wine and snack tray was an extra special touch...

Thanks to everyone at the Onyx for making our short stay a perfect one!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Glad you had fun, we think you are pretty awesome too! Thanks for choosing the Onyx for your trip to Boston!

Thanks,

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Another Kimpton property I'm very pleased with. Off for a long weekend to enjoy Boston and having a good hotel starts a good trip. Arrived at Logan and trip to hotel by GoBoston Shuttle was 10 to 15 min. Hotel was right by The Gardens and very easy to walk to the Freedom Trail and the main sites of Boston. A great farmers market about 3 blocks away to pick up snacks. The hotel was very clean, nice room, comfy bed and had their free wine happy hour each day I was there. A small restaurant in the lobby area I was able to get an appetizer to go with my wine. Bartenders there very friendly to talk to. The staff at the Onyx was very friendly and helpful. Overall the hotel suited all my needs and I saw many other travelers checking in and they all sounded and looked happy also.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor and there was a Celtics game one evening and the noise level did not effect...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
OnyxGM, General Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Ahh the Farmer's Market, that means Spring has sprung! Faneuil Hall Marketplace is famous for their fresh fruits and veggies in the Spring, Summer and Fall. So glad you got to experience that along with everything great the Onyx has to offer!

Thanks,

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Onyx Hotel (Boston) is a top-notch hotel with a very friendly, accommodating staff. We stayed here for a Celtics game and the location is perfect for walking to the Garden. It's also very easy to walk to Feneuil Hall, the North End or the Theatre District.

We booked the hotel direct from their website and got the best rate by choosing the non-refundable option. We were even able to extend our stay an extra night and kept the same low rate.

The staff is excellent and very friendly. From the bell man to the front desk - everyone is just happy and always there to answer your questions or point you in the right direction. It's even pet friendly, which we took advantage of - and they greeted our dog with water and food.

Overall, I highly recommend the Onyx Hotel to anyone looking for a clean, amenity filled hotel - with great service to back it up.

• Stayed March 2013
OnyxGM, General Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
You pointed out the two things we focus on most, cleanliness and service. Thanks for the great review!

Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I love boutique hotels - they're my absolute favourite. This hotel chain (Kimpton) was completely unknown to me - I was simply looking for a modestly priced property in Boston for my trip. This hotel came in at a fantastic price, was pretty close to the places I wanted to visit and was near transit.

The hotel staff were great - starting with an email welcoming me to the property as a points member (definitely sign up! You get free breakfast vouchers at $10 at the mini-bar.) and asking about what snacks I liked. I answered and was greeted with those snacks upon arrival - compliments of the house!

Great sized room, nice big bathroom, heavenly beds and pillows. The TV was a bit small - but to be honest, I watched about two hours of TV over four nights - not a big concern.

The hotel is located near the TD Gardens and there is a pub on the same street with really inexpensive supper deals for a burger/beer. The in-house restaurant has a buffet breakfast which is modest but very tasty. If you have the vouchers - don't let them go to waste!

I was really pleased with the hotel staff, the room, the ease of transit to/from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cdnmoon
I am so happy you found us! Your comments sum up everything we are trying to accomplish, especially for our Kimpton InTouch guests! Thanks for pointing all of that out!