“Wonderful Staff, Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf
Ranked #24 of 83 Hotels in Boston
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Staff, Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have to say, having traveled far and wide it is rare to find a hotel with a staff as generous and accommodating as the one Residence Inn on Tudor Wharf. After traveling all day with my parents and fiance, we ended up coming (on accident/due to a getting lost via google maps) after booking at a different Residence Inn a little outside of Boston. They were beyond helpful and immediately switched our reservation over and also made sure we could catch the free shuttle to the airport tomorrow.

The rooms were beautiful and the views are unparalleled. Loved our night at the Residence Inn Boston Harbor and will definitely be back next time were in town!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shellybelly2010
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We’re glad you found your way to our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. It's always encouraging to read such lovely comments regarding our staff and we're looking forward to sharing them with our team. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf and we can't wait to welcome you back the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Three of us stayed here for PAX East in 2013. If you came to this review because you're considering it for PAX, then I'll assume you did what I did, which was wait too long to grab a hotel closer to the BCEC ;) Yes, it is a bit of a hike to the center in March (could be walkable in nice weather). We had to walk across the Charlestown bridge to North Station, take the green line to Park St, transfer to the red line to South Station. From this point you can walk (a little less than a mile) or get to the silver line (buses) and take that two stops. It sounds like a lot, and I guess it is considering how exhausting PAX can be. A 7-day Charlie card costs $18, you get unlimited rides with that. A cab ride cost us about $12 without tip so you have that option too (the hotel has no shuttle to the BCEC).

Onto the hotel itself, we all loved staying there. The room was impressive, and the kitchenette with a full-size fridge was lovely. I wish we had time to actually use it (we left early in the day and came back late at night). The pillows were AMAZING. I'd sleep in a little bit while someone else would take a shower and just put the pillow over my head... it drowned out any noise. I need to remember to call them and ask the brand.

If I had to pick my least favorite part, it'd be the bathroom... only because I like to have the sink and mirror in the same room as the toilet and shower. But I can totally appreciate it being outside, giving other people the chance to get ready while you're in the shower.

Ah I actually just remembered my real least favorite part! The room had no dresser! I found that very odd. So the closet was your only clothing storage option; other than that you had to live out of your bags.

The desk staff was very friendly and helpful. When one member of my party requested fresh towels late at night, someone came to our door promptly.

The location was fine. There's a building across from the hotel that you have to walk pass to get to North Station. It has a restaurant called Max & Dylan's that was pretty good. There's also an ice cream shop and a coffee shop but we didn't have the chance to try either.

Finally, my absolute favorite part, which echoes many reviews here... BREAKFAST. Oh man. I wouldn't even compare this to other hotel breakfasts, this rivals breakfasts you'd get at an actual restaurant. I went at a few different times (including up to almost closing) and everything was always stocked and fresh. They had a few staff members who were so friendly and made sure you had everything need. Everything was spread out so that even with a full dining room, you could get to food quickly. The four hot options changed everyday, from plain scrambled eggs to DELICIOUS sausage patties to potatoes and peppers to eggs benedict! There was always make-yourself-waffles, pastries, breads, oatmeal, granola, fruits, yogurts, and various beverages.

Next year for PAX we'll definitely try to stay somewhere closer, but if we were to go to Boston for any other reason, I'd love to stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pepperpie
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
No matter the circumstance, we're thrilled that you found your way to our hotel. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during the event and we thank for reaching and sharing the highlights of your trip. We're most pleased to learn that you enjoyed our pillows and complimentary hot breakfast buffet. If you’ll visit us online at Shop Marriott you’ll find that our luxury bedding is available for purchase! We're always grateful when a guest takes the time to share a thorough review, as it gives us the opportunity to gain a clear perspective of your time here. We hope any inconveniences that you experienced were minimal and we thank you for your feedback regarding our accommodations. We're glad that we had the opportunity to welcome you to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. The next time you are in the area, we hope you'll choose to stay with us again.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just returned from 3-night stay in Boston. Our family of 5, including 3 boys ages 10 and under, had a terrific stay. We stayed here after I did a lot of research on price, location and room size - which was really important for us. Truthfully, I don't usually write reviews, but given I use TripAdvisor a lot while booking combined with the great experience we had - I felt obligated.

The 2-room suites weren't huge, but big enough for us to spread out and not feel too cramped. The room was very clean and the location was incredible. Not cheap, as no hotel in Boston is, but the service was tremendous. We were greeted by 'V' who ran bags and valet parked cars upon arrival, and remembered us throughout our stay. All of the front desk staff were extremely approachable and gave great suggestions on things to do, restaurants, etc. Service levels were probably the best I have ever experienced because they all seem genuine when you speak with them. Nothing is rehearsed, nothing is forced.

Don't let the fact that you have to cross the bridge to get to Boston proper make you think its location is inconvenient - its not at all. In fact, its nice staying in a quieter area mere steps from everything. We attended 2 games at TD Garden, which was less than a 10 minute walk on which you always felt safe. You are also right on the Freedom Trail, steps from Bunker Hill and The USS Constitution and a short walk to the North End. The trolleys that run all over town have a pickup location at the USS Constitution which is very convenient. They stop running around 5, but if you are in the North End, you can easily stay out later and walk back. The T has its huge North Station at TD Garden as well, so you really aren't far from anything. We parked the car on arrival and never saw it again until we checked out.

The breakfast offered daily was tremendous with its variety and quality of food. They also have socials between 6-7:30pm Monday-Thursday where they offer food. Depending on what is offered and if you are looking to save some $, you can make dinner out of it. Whatever you do, take the time to eat at the Warren Tavern, just north of the hotel about 4 blocks. Paul Revere and George Washington hung out at this place back in the day - it was the first building built in Charlestown after the British burned it to the ground during the War - Great ambiance, tremendous food and very reasonably priced. Kids meals only $5. Try the baked haddock - incredible.

You can't go wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Steve M
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We’re truly grateful that you’ve taken the time to share your visit with us. It brought a smile to my face to read your kind comments regarding the customer service that you received and I‘m truly looking forward to sharing your review with our staff. It seems like you were able to experience quite a bit during your time here in Boston and we’re thrilled that our location worked out so well. Your detailed review will be an excellent source for those who wish to learn more about the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf experience and we hope we’ll have the pleasure to welcome you back again. Thank you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is located next to the USS Constitution Naval Area.You can buy the Hop Off/On tour tickets from any of the companies that offer city tours and the bus stop is right there.They have free wi-fi internet and hot breakfast in the lobby including fresh fruits, waffles, eggs, juice, tea or coffee.Rooms are big and they have a kitchen with utensils.Many restaurants offer delivery service too.Friendly staff and easy transportation, taxis are always available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your impressions with us. We're glad that you were able to take advantage of our location and really enjoy your time here in Boston. In addition, we truly appreciate you describing our complimentary hot breakfast buffet in such great detail. Thank you for acknowledging our staff and the public transportation just outside of our hotel. We hope you'll find your way back to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf in the near future.
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay while in Boston. The pool was a little small. The staff was very nice and helpful. They did all of the special requests we asked for. One problem was that our doors in our room were squeaky and the staff fixed that with no problem. The free continental breakfast was very good as well. Our room was very clean and had no problems other than the squeaky doors. It is very convenient to the USS Constitution and is in walking distance. Overall I would recommend this hotel when traveling to Boston.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We always want to ensure that our guests enjoy the best possible experience while with us so we're happy that our staff could quickly resolve the issue with your door. Thank you for your sharing your great review and recommendation. It's truly rewarding when we can provide our guests with great quality service and we hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for the Knicks vs Celtics and Bruins vs Canadien games the past two nights and couldn't be happier with the choice I made. The one bedroom suite was great and the view from the 7th floor incredible! The hotel was very clean and the staff was very accommodating and pleasant. The walk to TD Garden takes no more than 10 minutes too!
If you are not planning on driving the parking lot next door is the place to park. $23 per night as opposed to $35 at the hotel. If you are planning on driving a lot then park at the hotel.
The restaurant around the corner Max & Dylan's was a great place to eat before the game and only 100 yards away! Good food nice staff and 25% off your check with game night tickets!
The City View Trolley can be picked up at the USS Constitution 2 blocks away and is a great way to get around and learn about Boston's history.
I look forward to our next trip to Boston and stay at the Residence Inn Tudor Wharf!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It must have been truly exciting to experience two sporting events while in Boston! We're delighted that our convenient location to TD Garden worked out so well for you. It was our pleasure to accommodate you after the games and we thank you for making us your hotel of choice. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf the next time you visit Boston.
N.B , NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was the 1st time I had ever gone to Boston and I must say this is a splendid hotel to stay at. Everything was very clean and the hotel was very well kept. Breakfast was fantastic and what really caught my attention was the waffle station. Everyone was able to make their own waffles and top them off however they wanted. What I also loved about the hotel was the bed, the bed is just amazingly comfy , warming, and great to be really relax, I just didn't want to get out of bed, that's how good its mattress is. For me that's a big plus because usually hotel beds usually aren't that great to sleep in. Also the staff were all very kind and helpful. Best of all everything was pretty close by the hotel. If your not a walker, well the ferry is just a 10 min walk from the hotel. There's as well a couple of attractions nearby the hotel, like the U.S.S Constitution Ship and the Bunker Hill Monument. So on my pt. I give the hotel a BIG THUMBS UP and I'm definitely staying there again when I visit Boston again. =]

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!