“A Wonderful Birthday Get Away”

Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf
Ranked #30 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed November 29, 2012

IMy office is located very near this hotel and though I often pass by, I'd never had an opportunity stay. As my birthday approached a couple of weeks ago, my husband and I decided to spend a couple of nights in the city since I had to work and combine my birthday celebration with time in the office. We were so pleased with our comfortable harbor view suite with its own little kitchenette. On our first night we purchased a romantic in room picnic from Whole Foods and were just getting settled in when there was a knock on the door. There was a surprise delivery of a birthday gift for me from the staff of the hotel--totally unexpected but so thoughtful. It really made our evening! I would echo what others have written, that the staff here were so friendly and helpful, right down to the valet who helped us with our car for the two days. We're hoping to plan another little getaway soon and stay at the Residence Inn. Thank you all for making our time with you so special.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

How wonderful that our staff could make your visit so special! On behalf of all of us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, we truly appreciate that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us. Thank you for sharing your kind comments regarding the customer service that you and your husband received. What ever the occasion may be, we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I made a reservation on line with Marriott for this hotel and made the (hopefully uncharacteristic) mistake of not carefully checking the dates. It was for a big family & friends weeknd, football game, tourist activities, etc. When we cheked in I discovered that the reservation had been made to start the day before we arrived; so, natuarally, they considered us "no shows." It could have been a disaster! But the young lady behind the front desk got to work: the entire hotel was booked, but somehow, she managed to move some rooms around, even called a couple of guests who had not arrived yet to see if they really needed their rooms. Bottom line was she pulled off a minor miracle and got us the rooms we needed, and even did so at a reduced rack rate. Talk about service! Wow! Then on top of that, the hotel is clean, beautiful, centrally located and the breakfast buffet was probably the best "free continental breakfast" I have ever seen. This hotel (and Marriott) get top marks.

Room Tip: Good views all arund, but ask for "harbor view" if you can.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil K
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Under the unfortunate circumstance, we’re thrilled that our staff was able to accommodate you! Thank you for sharing your experience, as we truly appreciate your feedback and high praise of our staff. I will kindly pass your review along, as our team will be delighted to read such kind remarks in one review. Thank you for your compliments to our breakfast and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back soon to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while working in Boston in the fall of 2012. Greeted by friendly staff and delightfully surprised by the wonderful view from my suite on the fourth floor, then the rest of my stay was as wonderful as the first day! Even my commute to work was a joy - walking 10 minutes right past the USS Constitution to the Inner Harbor Ferry then boating over to the New England Aquarium and another 10 minute walk to my downtown office. The view I mentioned - my south-facing windows overlooked the marina next to the hotel, the Charles River and over to the North End with the steeple of the Old North Church towering over the buildings there and over to the Custom House with it's clock up on the 27th floor and other downtown buildings - a beautiful view day or night!

Every member of the staff that I interacted with was professional and friendly and definitely made my stay feel like staying with friends or family.

Excellent breakfasts and evening light meals Monday - Thursday were an added value.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to people staying in Boston for work and for families coming to Boston for vacation. The Freedom Trail, marked with either a line of bricks or red paint on the walkways passes only a block from the front door. A 15 minute walk can take you to Mike's Bakery in the North End, or to the Cambridge Galleria (a beautiful walk on a newly opened pathway through parks next to the Charles River). Taxis wait right outside the entrance for a quick ride to or from Logan Airport.

I

Room Tip: rooms facing the south have a beautiful view of the inner harbor, the North End and downtown Boston.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bellis907
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

How wonderful that your view was such a pleasant surprise during your stay with us! Day or night, the sights can truly be breathtaking and we appreciate your beautiful description of your experience. It’s always nice to learn how our guest’s spend their valued time with us and we’re delighted that our location worked out so well for your stay. We truly appreciate that you’ve recommended the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf for business travelers and families on vacation! Thank you for sharing your review and no matter the occasion, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel on Nov 3rd for 6 nights.
The location is very interesting. It is on the Marina where the USS Constitution is located. It is walking distance to downtown, you just have to cross this small bridge and you are there. I used to go shopping for groceries at Trader Joe's located in Cambridge, only 7 minutes from the Hotel. It is a beautiful drive along the river and MIT Campus. The closest shopping Mall is only few minutes from the hotel called Cambridge Side Galleria. You also have the option to buy groceries or go to CVS by walking about 10 minutes. There are few restaurant around the area that are walking distance. If you travel with children there is a small playground only 1 minute walking from the hotel and a newer one about 1 mile walking from there.
The property itself is a normal residence inn, nothing different. I was a little disappointed that the one bedroom apartment did not offer a real size stove, only two burners. Which wasn't too bad if wasn't the fact that it did not have oven, so I had to heat up my pizzas in the microwave.
The bedding was excellent and so the shower.
My kids loved the pool area, although small they had a great time. It was always very clean.
The breakfast was fair and the service very good.
Night social was nice, but I have to point out that one night they offered stuffed cabbage and bread. It was delicious, but since it was stuffed with meat and rice, I heard people saying that they did not eat meat and they couldn't eat, I saw people eating just bread. I think that it would be a nice touch if they would offer a vegetarian option as well. The server Luis was very nice and always trying to help people requests. Thank you Luis for the great service!
Overall this Hotel is a great option for the strategic location and for the wonderful staff. Ah, one more thing the front desk director Lenette Miron is super friendly and helped me above and beyond searching for places to take my toddlers while my husband was in the Convention.
If you need help finding places she is the person, she will google right there at the desk and give you all the info you need. She is Terrific!!!

Room Tip: South side of the Hotel you will have this beautiful bridge view. North side of the Hotel you will...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We greatly appreciate the level of detail that you’ve provided regarding our location. We just know that our future guests will be able to benefit from your helpful tips and suggestions! For any inconveniences that you experienced with your accommodations, we truly apologize and hope that they were minimal during your time with us. Your vegetarian suggestion is greatly appreciated and we’d like to thank you for sharing this concern with us. We can’t thank you enough for your kind recognition of our staff members and hope that we get the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

When you come to Boston, you either walk or use transportation. This hotel is located ideally close to everything. Fantastic staff and everything is clean and in order. You'll be hard pressed to find a better place. We are staying here from now on. The other thing is that there were a group of Marines for the Marine Corps birthday, a flock of Justin Bieber fans for his concert all in the same hotel. The staff had plenty of room, and was well equipped to handle...yet still give the average person like me attention to detail.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. It truly makes us proud to learn how attentive and accommodating our staff was during your visit. We are delighted that you will continue to stay with us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We travel to Boston often and usually stay in the back bay area, but since we often travel to the north end for the delicious restaurants and pastry shops, we decided to stay closer to that area this time. We stayed for three nights and waited out the Hurricane in the comforts of our nice room here at the Residence Inn. We had a one bedroom and it was quite roomy-Loved the little kitchen, especially the full size fridge seeing that we had to stock up on lots of waters and a little food just in case...My Son loved swimming in the indoor pool and I loved the hot tub. The breakfast was very good with plenty of hot and cold options. We did not get to eat dinner on Monday night because they completely ran out within 30 minutes. It is not very close to the T, about a ten minute walk, but if you get the Trolley tour (which I highly reccomend) it has a stop very close to the hotel at the Navy Yard. The view of the water was beautiful and though it was a bummer to not be able to sight see much this time due to the weather, I was very glad we chose this hotel for this trip because it really was so comfortable and the front desk could not have been more helpful, nice and accomodating. We will be returning again.

Room Tip: The one bedroom with a water view is great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

With plenty of delicious restaurants and pastry shops in the North End, we're delighted that you chose to begin your visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. As you waited out the storm, it was our pleasure to comfortably accommodate you and we're pleased to learn that our full size refrigerator and suite accommodations worked out so well for your stay. While we regret any inconveniences that you experienced, we are thrilled to learn that you will be visiting with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the sights of our city! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay at this hotel for business purposes quite often. I am consistently pleased with how helpful the staff is and how accommodating they are. As with most Residence Inn's, dinner is not served, but the staff is very helpful in recommending restaurants. They will also recommend lighter fare that can be delivered to the hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

As a return guest to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, we'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're proud to learn that we continue to live up to your expectations and greatly appreciate your kind mention to our staff. It's wonderful that their restaurant recommendations can help make your visit with us more enjoyable! Thank you for sharing your business experience with us and we hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future.